PDA

View Full Version : Campaign Help

MucusG
02-26-2006, 06:58 AM
Hi all. Downloaded and installed and started to play this superb campaign. All is good on the first night, get through 3 missions before I cant resist the call of my bed anymore. Next day I play some online with some friends with me hosting a few coops. I downloaded one called Santa Cruz and another guadalcanal (all put in net/coop). Now the problems start, I go to resume my BOB campaign and get through the briefing and loading screens and the moment the cockpit comes up CTD. I tried recopying the BOB folder again and same problem. Unfortunately the same CTD now happens with ANY campaign. QMB and single mission are fine.

Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated.

MucusG
02-26-2006, 02:36 PM
Any ideas folk? This is a real show stopper for me as I play 90% offline.

I am a computer halfwit so if it there is something simple please dont assume I will have done it!

Enthor1
02-26-2006, 06:09 PM
Well, I am worse, about a computer quarter wit but since no one else has replied....

Have you tried to start a new campaign and are getting the same results?

If you can start a new one sucessfully the only solution I can see is delete the campaigns that do not work and begin again.

If that does not work I suggest you post your problem in the tech support forum and probably several people will be able to help sort it out.

I would probably get antsy waiting for an answer and just do a reinstall and start over.

If you do that, be sure to backup any skin or mission or user files you want to keep.

Sorry to be of so little help but at least it is bumped and maybe someone who has a clue will jump in here.

MucusG
02-26-2006, 11:24 PM
Thanks for the reply.

I posted this in community help as you advised with a bunch more info on the problem. Seems to be related to hardwareshaders=1. Maybe videocard crapped itself?