PDA

View Full Version : To whom it may concern..Ideas for BOB

XyZspineZyX
10-11-2003, 05:49 PM
Just some ideas for new BOB sim.

The intro movie should be made by scragbat.His Sacrifice is outstanding and a BOB style movie would really set the mood as the first thing a new customer sees when starting up BOB.Instead of "somewhere in europe" have it say"Somewhere Over English channel" with if at all possible,the same excellent music that is in Sacrifice....really emphasizing the music selection here.

The "Somewhere" word just gives a feeling of unimportance as if what was being experienced by the air combat crew really didnt matter and instead winning the war was of utmost importance.Then the movie starts and shows what these unimportant men were actually doing behind the scenes and it hits home like a 2 by 4 across your head!!!/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Second request is to have some sort of trick to mimic the fact that we have two eyes and so we can see further around an object than what we experience in FB.I think its called refraction but cant be sure.Even if it amounts to halving all struts in cockpits to account for this and do the necessary conversions on outer shell struts than GO FOR IT!

Third is to have crosshair move up and down in Revi in tune with G's and once they stop moving have cockpit start to move.Right now the cockpit/crosshair movement doesnt really convey what the plane is experiencing and I feel that this area could be much improved.

4th is fix the muzzle flashes and work on the gun vapor trails so that they dont just hang weirdly in front of cockpit.Have them slowley vaporize in further away from plane.

Better mood immersion boosting voice commands such as

relaxed---"flight 2 proceed to takeoff,runway is clear,good luck with your mission"

frantic---"get airborne,NOW,incoming jerrys at 1000m"
Etc

Finally have the different country versions ship with default language but with accents.Have real Italians,Germans and English men to do the voice overs but in english for usa,russian for russia,spanish for spain...etc.

Thanks for reading and good luck in your project/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
10-11-2003, 05:49 PM
Just some ideas for new BOB sim.

The intro movie should be made by scragbat.His Sacrifice is outstanding and a BOB style movie would really set the mood as the first thing a new customer sees when starting up BOB.Instead of "somewhere in europe" have it say"Somewhere Over English channel" with if at all possible,the same excellent music that is in Sacrifice....really emphasizing the music selection here.

The "Somewhere" word just gives a feeling of unimportance as if what was being experienced by the air combat crew really didnt matter and instead winning the war was of utmost importance.Then the movie starts and shows what these unimportant men were actually doing behind the scenes and it hits home like a 2 by 4 across your head!!!/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Second request is to have some sort of trick to mimic the fact that we have two eyes and so we can see further around an object than what we experience in FB.I think its called refraction but cant be sure.Even if it amounts to halving all struts in cockpits to account for this and do the necessary conversions on outer shell struts than GO FOR IT!

Third is to have crosshair move up and down in Revi in tune with G's and once they stop moving have cockpit start to move.Right now the cockpit/crosshair movement doesnt really convey what the plane is experiencing and I feel that this area could be much improved.

4th is fix the muzzle flashes and work on the gun vapor trails so that they dont just hang weirdly in front of cockpit.Have them slowley vaporize in further away from plane.

Better mood immersion boosting voice commands such as

relaxed---"flight 2 proceed to takeoff,runway is clear,good luck with your mission"

frantic---"get airborne,NOW,incoming jerrys at 1000m"
Etc

Finally have the different country versions ship with default language but with accents.Have real Italians,Germans and English men to do the voice overs but in english for usa,russian for russia,spanish for spain...etc.

Thanks for reading and good luck in your project/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
10-11-2003, 05:51 PM
What I would wish BoB would be like is something like ww2 online. One big South England/Northern Europe map where you can take off anywhere and attack anything. Bombing different things effects things on the opposing team such as fuel, ammo, no of planes, ect.

XyZspineZyX
10-11-2003, 05:56 PM
AceofSpades726 wrote:
- What I would wish BoB would be like is something
- like ww2 online. One big South England/Northern
- Europe map where you can take off anywhere and
- attack anything. Bombing different things effects
- things on the opposing team such as fuel, ammo, no
- of planes, ect.
-
-

I take it that they are gonna implement something along these lines so that you can change history so to speak/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
10-11-2003, 09:40 PM
AceofSpades726 wrote:
- What I would wish BoB would be like is something
- like ww2 online.One big South England/Northern
- Europe map where you can take off anywhere and
- attack anything.

in EAW you could do this. fly around everywhere in europe, england, france, germany, denmark, netherlands, you know.
thats what i really miss in IL2/FB, this freedom. i feel really trapped in these small(er) maps we have in IL2/FB.

but you cant imagine/prospect what pc's are able to do in 2005, can you?