PDA

View Full Version : Noob needs help!

Cpt.Pack-Rat
02-14-2005, 08:34 PM
Ok I just got PF and have never run IL2, what updates do I need to get online to get owned by all you guys. Do I need any of the other games or can I get online with just PF. Thanks and lok foreward to gaming with you guys.

Cpt.Pack-Rat
02-14-2005, 08:34 PM
Ok I just got PF and have never run IL2, what updates do I need to get online to get owned by all you guys. Do I need any of the other games or can I get online with just PF. Thanks and lok foreward to gaming with you guys.

kSetuni
02-14-2005, 09:38 PM
Pack Rat,

At the very least for the standalone version you need to get the 3.03 patch (the large one about 80MB) then apply the 3.04 patch over that. You will be highly limited to how much you can fly if you have just the standalone version. There is currently only one maybe two servers on Hyperlobby that fly the standalone. To get the most out of the game, and to have the most options, you need to pickup the forgotten battles gold pack. Its running about $20-$30 us right now. Install that, then PF asa merged install. Then apply the 3.03M (notice the m patches are always for the merged install and again use the 80mb or so version of this patch) then apply the 3.04m patch over that. That will get you up and running and able to fly alot and avoid the kiddies that are out there.

Hope this helps.

S.M.

Kapt_A
02-14-2005, 09:38 PM
http://www.pacific-fighters.com/en/updates.php

For your updates.