PDA

View Full Version : Things new to me with 3.03

Call_me_Kanno
01-04-2005, 04:28 PM
I'm a new comer compared to some of the vets of IL2 so these may have already been there and I just am now finding them.

One of the first thing's I noticed was bursts of wind throwing my plane around as I flew over a pacific Island where the mountains rise up from flat land. I was at 7400 ft when sudden up drafts would cause my plane to pitch over quickly.

The next thing that stood out was the way planes will recoil violently in the direction that a wing is hit pretty hard. First time this happened I thought I had lost a wing due to enemy fire and got ready to bail but when I checked my wings they were both still there and I was able to recover.

Like I said this is the first time I noticed these and they sure inhance the immersivness of the flight.

S~Kanno

Call_me_Kanno
01-04-2005, 04:28 PM
I'm a new comer compared to some of the vets of IL2 so these may have already been there and I just am now finding them.

One of the first thing's I noticed was bursts of wind throwing my plane around as I flew over a pacific Island where the mountains rise up from flat land. I was at 7400 ft when sudden up drafts would cause my plane to pitch over quickly.

The next thing that stood out was the way planes will recoil violently in the direction that a wing is hit pretty hard. First time this happened I thought I had lost a wing due to enemy fire and got ready to bail but when I checked my wings they were both still there and I was able to recover.

Like I said this is the first time I noticed these and they sure inhance the immersivness of the flight.

S~Kanno

joeap
01-05-2005, 08:11 AM
So I wasn't dreaming about the wind in mountainous areas. noticed this too. GREAT JOB 1C!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

PBNA-Boosher
01-05-2005, 08:13 AM
Been flying since the original IL2 demo, and I love to watch this game evolve like it does. No other company I've seen is this devoted to its product like 1C.

Friendly_flyer
01-05-2005, 08:17 AM
Wind? Ouch, this is bad news for all mu missions where I take off from dirt roads on the Crimea and Cuban...

JR_Greenhorn
01-05-2005, 08:21 AM
I think the wind effects have been there for quite a while (since FB). I have most often noticed it when flying near a coastline. It seems to be strong on the Sands of Time map.

The wing hit effect is fairly new. There have been a couple of threads on it since PF (or one of its patches, rather).

tsisqua
01-05-2005, 09:43 AM
With so many threads talking about what is wrong with the game, its nice to see that a few of us have taken time to point out the great things that make this, imho, the best WWI aircombat sim ever developed.

Its the little things!
Tsisqua

Capt._Tenneal
01-05-2005, 09:57 AM
Hmmm, nice find in the wind on the mountains (updrafts, thermals ?).

This might make flying gliders fun now. Oleg, we need a flyable glider in the game, pleeeaase ! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Udidtoo
01-05-2005, 09:57 AM
The 1st time my plane was nearly flipped over from a nearby flack burst in 3.01 at 1st I was naturally really shocked and was already reaching for my control e whenI realized that although my wing and fusilage where shredded I was still intact and controllable. I thought how cool was that?

Of course there were and are people saying "Its way to strong, couldn't have happened that way" because ya there must be dozens and dozens of memebers here in real life who know just how much force a 88 or 75mm shell explodeing 12 yards off your port wing exerts http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Myself, I think its a really nice touch to have added, been flipped upside down at least 2 times now.

flyingscampi
01-05-2005, 11:53 AM
There have been so many minor improvements recently it's hard to keep track of when they were introduced.

For me the improved visibility of other planes has made the biggest difference as I dislike using icons.

I've been playing this game for over a year and I'm still discovering new stuff to try. I spent a few hours practicing bombing in a Heinkel 111 the other day and have started a campaign. It's a small part of PF but could be a game all by itself!