PDA

View Full Version : Continuity issue concerning the PoE

ThaWhistle
01-18-2011, 08:40 PM
So I just remembered that in AC, Al Mualim told Altair that all the piece of eden does to affect others is create illusions, and thats all its ever done. Yet, in ACB, its a weapon. I haven't played it yet, so I don't know if they explain that in it. But if not, am I the only one who finds that as something of a large mistake?

john63
01-18-2011, 08:58 PM
In ACB, when you use the PoE as a weapon, you are essentially tricking guards into thinking that other guards are their enemies. It's similar to the way that Al Mualim made Altair think that he was being attacked by his original 9 targets, when he was really being attacked by other assassins. Or how Al Mualim made illusions of himself, that Altair then attacked.

However, the PoE does have some other abilities. Al Mualim was able to use it to prevent Altair from moving, and it's used again in ACB to control someone's movements (I won't explain it, as it's a very big spoiler); so, even for those who are somewhat immune to the PoE's illusion effects, their bodies and motor functions can still be controlled to some extent.

Mic_92
01-18-2011, 08:59 PM
It may be true but nothing tells us Al Mualim knew everything about the Apple.