PDA

View Full Version : Do Full realism servers kick for new cockpit skins?

Afromike1
10-26-2008, 03:47 PM
I know its a mod but someone told me he got to use his new cockpit skins (with many other mods) over at wings over europe.

What can tell me if the servers allow certain mods?

FoolTrottel
10-26-2008, 05:59 PM
The server itself.
Retrieve and read their rules (if any), visit their website (if any) and if you can't find any, just join 'm and try 'm, my bet is you'll find out soon enough whether they allow it or not...

P.FunkAdelic
10-26-2008, 06:05 PM
I don't think you get your ip banned if you try to join a mod locked server. I once tried to join AAA server while using the 4.09 patch version and it just told me my version was incompatible. No harm done.

Jaws2002
10-26-2008, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by Afromike1:
I know its a mod but someone told me he got to use his new cockpit skins (with many other mods) over at wings over europe.

Wings over Europe is mods friendly for a long time. Servers like Spits vs 109's will kick you if using mods.

The mods on or off don't depend on the dificulty settings, but are just a prefference of the host.

na85
10-27-2008, 01:40 AM
Joining a server with CheckRunTime = 1 makes no difference if you have mods or not.

If the server has CRT = 2 and is unmodded, then if you have mods installed/enabled it won't let you join and will spit out "Error 2" IIRC

rnzoli
10-27-2008, 04:26 AM
Originally posted by na85:
If the server has CRT = 2 and is unmodded, or uses a different mod pack than yours
then if you have mods installed/enabled it won't let you join and will spit out "Error 2" IIRC "Timeout 1" or "Timeout 2". This is practically the only "clue" http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif . With "Timeout 2", you don't even have time to read the brief.