PDA

View Full Version : Does IL2 Support AGEIA Phys X Card?

249th_Maico
08-27-2007, 03:09 PM
I am building a new system and I am curious if this technology is supported.
Is anyone using this card?

Thanks

Scen
08-27-2007, 03:17 PM
Nope

VW-IceFire
08-27-2007, 03:59 PM
I think the only game that does support AGEIA Phys X is Ghost Recon (GRAW) 2. Unreal 3 is allegedly supposed to support it although the rumors have indicated that it will probably support it by playing lipservice to it only and it really won't have a big impact.

So far the dedicated Physics card is a fad. If you're willing to spend money on it you can but its not looking all that likely that a dedicated physics card is going to be something that really takes off like the 3d accelerated video cards did.

AMD/ATI and nVidia are both working on three card solutions where one video card does physics and I think everyone is expecting to just be able to use a CPU core as part of a multi-core setup to do the calculations eventually.

Capt.LoneRanger
08-27-2007, 04:28 PM
That is not correct.

Several games support the PhysX-card now: GRAW1 and GRAW2, AutoAssault, BetOnSoldier, City of Villains, GearsOfWar, Rainbow6:Vegas, SpinterCell....

Until the end of the year about 100 released titles will fully support Aegias card, another bunch will be probably patched.

Besides that, Alias and 3DS MAX can use PhysX-cards, too, as well as a bunch of other 3D and 4D tools.