PDA

View Full Version : READ THIS IF YOU HAVE LOW FPS PROBLEMS

Dr_ZEUS
04-07-2005, 12:36 AM
Very easy: SHIFT+TAB the game minimizes wait something like five seconds, than get back to the game. Everything runs smoothly now. It works for me: it must be some calc overprocessing or something like that.

Dr_ZEUS
04-07-2005, 12:36 AM
Very easy: SHIFT+TAB the game minimizes wait something like five seconds, than get back to the game. Everything runs smoothly now. It works for me: it must be some calc overprocessing or something like that.

macker33
04-07-2005, 01:24 AM
I've been lucky so far anyway,thankfully.

bweiss
04-07-2005, 05:08 AM
A wild guess would be Nvidia drivers. (You didn't say, are you using Nvidia?).

Reason I ask/guess, is that Close Combat series, Beyond Overlord, Barbarossa to Berlin, etc., experienced a bug with Nvidia drivers where the screen graphics were garbled when using FSAA, and as you suggested, using Alt-Tab minimize corrects the problem. Just a guess.

Nukem_Hicks
04-07-2005, 05:17 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bweiss:
A wild guess would be Nvidia drivers. (You didn't say, are you using Nvidia?).

Reason I ask/guess, is that Close Combat series, Beyond Overlord, Barbarossa to Berlin, etc., experienced a bug with Nvidia drivers where the screen graphics were garbled when using FSAA, and as you suggested, using Alt-Tab minimize corrects the problem. Just a guess. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Close Combat or Combat Mission? I'm assuming the latter. Great game, although I wish it had the type of full campaign that the CC games implemented. Close Combat III is quite possibly one of my favorite "old" war games.

meowcat999
04-07-2005, 09:44 AM
try lowering your PCI latency on your graphics card (there are a number of freeware applications that help you do this)

its a common cause of stuttering/jerkiness as the graphics card hogs the PCI bus, preventing other processes from using it, and lagging the game