PDA

View Full Version : Rome - seamless?

Piflik
11-14-2010, 06:52 AM
Is it known if Rome is one seamless city (with seamless I mean like, for example, Venice...barriers that will disappear with progress, but once all is unlocked I will be able to walk from one end to the other without a loading screen)?

magesupermaster
11-14-2010, 06:55 AM
I guess you could do so..

LaCava1
11-14-2010, 07:26 AM
Probably not in the beginning, as it would take forever if you went to the other side of the city, and it took like 1000 steps until you got to your mission. It probably will be fully available before the midpoint of the game.

And why would you want to walk? That would take forever. I would run or free run. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

rileypoole1234
11-14-2010, 07:43 AM
there wont be any loading screens if youre just running around rome

obliviondoll
11-14-2010, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by triforceman5:
Probably not in the beginning, as it would take forever if you went to the other side of the city, and it took like 1000 steps until you got to your mission. It probably will be fully available before the midpoint of the game.

And why would you want to walk? That would take forever. I would run or free run. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
Or ride a horse through the city?

Seeing as how you can do that now...

Jimmy2495
11-14-2010, 08:26 AM
No loading screens, but I think you'll have some limits depending on the memories, as in ACII, and you unlock new areas as you go forward in the story.

But I hope I'm wrong. :3

Piflik
11-14-2010, 08:29 AM
Yeah...I just wanted to know, if it is not maybe partitioned in separate parts to keep loading times low...since it should be way bigger than any city in AC2...

ChaosxNetwork
11-14-2010, 08:35 AM
Don't quote me on this but something at the back of my memory is saying that all of Rome (besides very key points) are unlocked. It was on a video to do with Borgia towers as there is no order in which you take them out, see were I am coming from?
Were is an Animus when you need one...

thedeadman_47
11-14-2010, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by Piflik:
Is it known if Rome is one seamless city (with seamless I mean like, for example, Venice...barriers that will disappear with progress, but once all is unlocked I will be able to walk from one end to the other without a loading screen)? what loading screen???

DeafAtheist
11-14-2010, 10:12 AM
I don't think there are loading screens. Just possibly barriers preventing access to areas until certain memories are completed but once you have access I don't think there will be any loading screens within Rome, but there probably will be when you travel to one of the other locations like Spain.

Piflik
11-14-2010, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by thedeadman_47:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Piflik:
Is it known if Rome is one seamless city (with seamless I mean like, for example, Venice...barriers that will disappear with progress, but once all is unlocked I will be able to walk from one end to the other without a loading screen)? what loading screen??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You know...like the loading screen when you travrl from Venice to Florence...

TasBlue1234
11-14-2010, 10:51 AM
Seeing as they said that this is their biggest map they've ever put into an assassins creed game, I believe it will be completely full roam with no loading sequences. However I think you will be restricted from exploring all of it right away. This will then be taken away after a few introductory cutscenes/story elements.

LaCava1
11-14-2010, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by obliviondoll:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by triforceman5:

Or ride a horse through the city?

Seeing as how you can do that now... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
OK, OK, or ride a horse. Happy? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif