PDA

View Full Version : starting from hangar

aukieboy
06-17-2005, 04:03 AM
il2 is a most beautiful sim especially with AEP added. Though there are a few little inconveniences.
A little more cloudtypes would suit the game (like a fairly heavily overcast sky with sunrays breaking through once a while) and the propblade patterns when running up the engine could be a bit more solid.
But midmost of them all it would be truly brilliant when this sim had a natural option which allows us and the AI aircraft to start from hangar!

Now there is of course a less natural and harsh way to start from hangar: put your aircraft on an airfield, select take off, drag your plane to the spot you prefer, select normfly and enter zero in both the height and speed fields.
When you start the game immediately switch to zero power, turn off the engine (off chance) and apply the brakes... well now you can taxi to whichever spot you like. Odd way but it works.
If there's anyone with a better option please let me know a.s.a.p.

I will post an NTRK trackfile in the tracksection: Take off and land a p63.NTRK
it's a nice and short track recorded at dawn.
The airfield is a race/practice area and difficulty was set at highest level while the weather was blind which creates nice shots by some static camera's.
Switch off all trackplay options except time compression so you can skip the flight itself if you like.
Greetings,
Aukiboy

aukieboy
06-17-2005, 04:03 AM
il2 is a most beautiful sim especially with AEP added. Though there are a few little inconveniences.
A little more cloudtypes would suit the game (like a fairly heavily overcast sky with sunrays breaking through once a while) and the propblade patterns when running up the engine could be a bit more solid.
But midmost of them all it would be truly brilliant when this sim had a natural option which allows us and the AI aircraft to start from hangar!

Now there is of course a less natural and harsh way to start from hangar: put your aircraft on an airfield, select take off, drag your plane to the spot you prefer, select normfly and enter zero in both the height and speed fields.
When you start the game immediately switch to zero power, turn off the engine (off chance) and apply the brakes... well now you can taxi to whichever spot you like. Odd way but it works.
If there's anyone with a better option please let me know a.s.a.p.

I will post an NTRK trackfile in the tracksection: Take off and land a p63.NTRK
it's a nice and short track recorded at dawn.
The airfield is a race/practice area and difficulty was set at highest level while the weather was blind which creates nice shots by some static camera's.
Switch off all trackplay options except time compression so you can skip the flight itself if you like.
Greetings,
Aukiboy