PDA

View Full Version : New skins and colors

Pumpkins.
03-18-2011, 04:28 PM
Guys I have a questions about the colors and new skins.

Im lvl 15 now and I got a new color for all personas.

Now, Im wondering if all players can see my skin with the new color!?

Because in multiplayer I played in a team match with some ppl lvl 1-5 and they dont have acess to the new color. So in my game we all had the color I selected.

So a guy lvl 1 will see my skin with the default color or the color I choose?

ARIANit_
03-18-2011, 04:30 PM
The colour you chose. :]

So, yes. Others see your choice of character. ^___^

obliviondoll
03-18-2011, 04:35 PM
When I was level 5, playing against a level 50 player, they had characters I hadn't unlocked, with gear I hadn't unlocked, and colours I hadn't unlocked, and I could see it all.

Fortunately, that doesn't happen very often, and I was a beta player, so I had a bit of a headstart in experience, which helped me at least vaguely keep up.

Serrachio
03-18-2011, 04:38 PM
If anything, it provides any newer players that see you with the incentive to level up.

Pumpkins.
03-18-2011, 05:05 PM
cool, thanks!

arkadye
03-18-2011, 07:44 PM
While it looks cool, I should say I've found my highest scores come with level 1 gear/colours. I think it makes other players assume I'm low level and assume that I'm not that good with smoke bombs/mute/charge.

Serrachio
03-18-2011, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by arkadye:
While it looks cool, I should say I've found my highest scores come with level 1 gear/colours. I think it makes other players assume I'm low level and assume that I'm not that good with smoke bombs/mute/charge.
Gear makes no difference to scoring, the only reason you're finding it better is because you're more comfortable with it.

truffletoast
03-20-2011, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by arkadye:
While it looks cool, I should say I've found my highest scores come with level 1 gear/colours. I think it makes other players assume I'm low level [...]

This actually worries me a bit. I thought that all optical changes to your gear only affect how you see the models? Wouldn't it otherwise defeat the purpose of mixing in with the crowd if you look different than everybody else around you?

Starsfan1009
03-20-2011, 02:07 PM
NPCs will have the same color and gear as the players in the match. That way, a level 50 player with upgraded elite gear and color wouldn't stick out like a sore thumb. NPCs will always match the players no matter what.

cptn_k
03-20-2011, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by Starsfan1009:
NPCs will have the same color and gear as the players in the match. That way, a level 50 player with upgraded elite gear and color wouldn't stick out like a sore thumb. NPCs will always match the players no matter what.

Does anyone know what happens if you join a wanted/assassinate match part way through, and say the NPC doctors are all in basic gear, but you join and your set up is full elite and colours?
What do the other players see then?
I doubt all the NPC doctors suddenly gear up and change colour?

I always thought on FFA the other players see different personas according to their own settings, but on team games it's the one choosing the team persona that sets everyone else to view their persona settings.

Not sure about this though, can someone confirm/deny...