PDA

View Full Version : Crew and specialties

mlody111
03-18-2005, 01:21 AM
Does anyone know where you can find more about how to manage you crew, the specialties, etc..

I want to know how each thing helps and if the crew stays when you get a new boat, etc...

The manual doesnt say much, except for the basics. Any help is appreciated. Thx.

mlody111
03-18-2005, 01:21 AM
Does anyone know where you can find more about how to manage you crew, the specialties, etc..

I want to know how each thing helps and if the crew stays when you get a new boat, etc...

The manual doesnt say much, except for the basics. Any help is appreciated. Thx.

Yskonyn23
03-18-2005, 02:20 AM
If you buy crew some cost renown and others don't. The ones that do cost renown often have (multiple) little icons in their profile.
This shows their qualifications.
For example; I have a watchman who is a medic also.

Crewmen with qualifications boost the efficiency factor of the station (represented by the green bar above the specific station on the sub in the crew management screen (F7)).
So if you have a Watchman with a high amount of experience (the last bar in his character profile) he will have a big impact on how much the efficiency bar fills.
If the bar is full, you can remove any crew from the station that is obsolete resulting in avaiable crew for other stations.
For example: The forward torpedo room is initially manned by, let's say, 3 sailors, 1 petty officer (with a torpedo man qual.) and a general officer. The efficiency bar is 3/4 full.
Let's say I just bought a new officier who also has the 'torpedoman' qualification.
I dismiss the general officier (without any qual.) and put the new officer on duty. The bar is now 4/4 full, but I can also remove several sailors from the room and still have a full efficiency bar!

I do wonder though if 'head count' has any impact on the operations.
In other words; if it makes any difference if you have 2 highly qualified persons in a room (resulting in a full efficiency bar, but in realistic terms it would be a little awkward to have only 2 people working there, of which one even is an officer!) or 4 people with lower qualification, but also resulting in a full efficiency bar.

Anyone has an idea?

Yskonyn23
03-18-2005, 02:20 AM
If you buy crew some cost renown and others don't. The ones that do cost renown often have (multiple) little icons in their profile.
This shows their qualifications.
For example; I have a watchman who is a medic also.

Crewmen with qualifications boost the efficiency factor of the station (represented by the green bar above the specific station on the sub in the crew management screen (F7)).
So if you have a Watchman with a high amount of experience (the last bar in his character profile) he will have a big impact on how much the efficiency bar fills.
If the bar is full, you can remove any crew from the station that is obsolete resulting in avaiable crew for other stations.
For example: The forward torpedo room is initially manned by, let's say, 3 sailors, 1 petty officer (with a torpedo man qual.) and a general officer. The efficiency bar is 3/4 full.
Let's say I just bought a new officier who also has the 'torpedoman' qualification.
I dismiss the general officier (without any qual.) and put the new officer on duty. The bar is now 4/4 full, but I can also remove several sailors from the room and still have a full efficiency bar!

I do wonder though if 'head count' has any impact on the operations.
In other words; if it makes any difference if you have 2 highly qualified persons in a room (resulting in a full efficiency bar, but in realistic terms it would be a little awkward to have only 2 people working there, of which one even is an officer!) or 4 people with lower qualification, but also resulting in a full efficiency bar.

Anyone has an idea?

naturalhigh1985
03-18-2005, 02:35 AM
You will not, I repeat will NOT be able to fill an efficiency bar with 2 people. End of story http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
You still need an amount of ordinary sailors i think to fill up a few spaces.

Has anyone found its not necessary to get full crew numbers into a sub? I found it a bit much because I couldnt get all of them into quarters (well I had full manning in diesel engines, watch, and of course the command room) but if I moved the left over men (torpedo rooms etc) to the quarters, there were always a few left. Almost be wiser to have less...
Same goes for the officers, 5 officers... I dont find the time to rest them all...
Is it better to perhaps rest them more often, not wait until the exclamation mark appears?

naturalhigh1985
03-18-2005, 02:35 AM
You will not, I repeat will NOT be able to fill an efficiency bar with 2 people. End of story http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
You still need an amount of ordinary sailors i think to fill up a few spaces.

Has anyone found its not necessary to get full crew numbers into a sub? I found it a bit much because I couldnt get all of them into quarters (well I had full manning in diesel engines, watch, and of course the command room) but if I moved the left over men (torpedo rooms etc) to the quarters, there were always a few left. Almost be wiser to have less...
Same goes for the officers, 5 officers... I dont find the time to rest them all...
Is it better to perhaps rest them more often, not wait until the exclamation mark appears?

Yskonyn23
03-18-2005, 04:46 AM
My 2 men setup was just an example to make the situation clear, not refering to real in-game possibilities. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Yskonyn23
03-18-2005, 04:46 AM
My 2 men setup was just an example to make the situation clear, not refering to real in-game possibilities. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif