PDA

View Full Version : Fires Above, FPS Below, Skins Galore

249th_Maico
08-19-2007, 06:11 PM
Is anyone else playing this? I just started the German Campain about a week ago. Started on the Emil and droped a few eggs on the reds. Now I am on the Frederick and having a ball. If you are into the add on campaings this one from Plus Wave was excellent. The scenery and skins are worth it alone. You start off in well built bases with great scenery. Then you are flying and notice all the skins are different. The battlefield is alive below. Look out for Flak! MAN!!!! Can they ever build a mission! I am humbled by this great work. I wonder how the rest of Plus Wave's stuff is? I am more than incline to buy more of it. Lower spec machines beware... You may want to turn it down. On my machine (see specs below) I can play full graphics untill a fight developes over an airbase. Then its back to Excellent mode. However I have been lucky so far. No crashes or anything like that.
On the downside, it is a locked in campaign. You get no choice of what to fly. You will fly what you are given. The only choice is whether you fly Russian or German.
So far this is an amazing add on. Well worth the price of a night out.

249th_Maico
08-20-2007, 12:33 PM
Bump! Common! There has to be some Plus Wave fans out there somewhere.... Has anyone tried this add on?

MrMojok
08-20-2007, 06:49 PM
I actually bought Fire Below and Wings Over Citadel and haven't played them yet. I did install them and was amazed at all the skins they created, though.

-HH-Quazi
08-20-2007, 06:57 PM
I own all the Pluswave titles & they are all equally well done. I really like Rebirth of Honor. But WoW & WoJ are awesome also. Haven't cranked up on Wings over Citadel yet.

DFLion
08-20-2007, 07:12 PM
Hi 249th_Maico and MrMojok,
I am a big fan of the 'PlusWave' team and have played through most of their campaigns.
Their attention to detail is fantastic - I also enjoy the story gameplay.
I am always trying to increase the ground detail in my own campaigns - I don't think I will ever reach the high standard that 'PlusWave' have achieved.
I would highly recommend all their series of campaigns for building up a complete collection of IL-2 'must have' add-ons.
DFLion