PDA

View Full Version : so are whe being punished again by Ubi..



theDutchman1962
06-10-2005, 10:00 AM
..i really,really expected the patch this Friday,but are things set back now the patch leaked?
The wise thing to do would have been to release it today,since misteriously the link is still up,by now everyone will have found there way to the beta?

snafu73
06-10-2005, 10:14 AM
It looks like there are some various bugs popping up so I think it's going to be literally a couple of weeks.

Enthor1
06-10-2005, 10:43 AM
So, if the link is still up and we will get an official patch soon, who is being punished?

Waldo.Pepper
06-10-2005, 10:59 AM
I only like it when they wear high heels.

theDutchman1962
06-10-2005, 12:04 PM
So, if the link is still up and we will get an official patch soon, who is being punished?

I,m afraid this will set back the releasedate that's all..

Hmmmmmmmm,this isn't the first time,right?
And with everyone discussing the beta they have an enormous feedback from "betatesters" all with different specs,i wonder.....
Jeez,i'm beginning to sound like raaaid.. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

Equilizer
06-10-2005, 01:21 PM
Its not a beta, its a release candidate. There's a difference.

The plus side from this leak is that when 4.01 does come, there will be FAR fewer bugs.

Just grab 4.0 right now and toy around with it. Then when 4.01 shows up, most things will be fixed.

SeaFireLIV
06-10-2005, 01:39 PM
Well, I`m a little miffed cos now there`s a Patch 4.00 bug report thread up. So this basically means the 4.00 release was really legit, and even if it still isn`t, it`s giving those who got the Patch (when they weren`t supposed to) a SAY. But those of us who didn`t grab it DON`T get a say.

See what I`m saying?

I would say those that haven`t got the 4.00 Patch may as well get it if they can because otherwise it`s simply robbing us of our input, producing an under-represented view.

I will be searching for it and D\L.

p.s. And to the original question it does feel like those of who didn`t are being punished more than those that did. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

VW-IceFire
06-10-2005, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by SeaFireLIV:
Well, I`m a little miffed cos now there`s a Patch 4.00 bug report thread up. So this basically means the 4.00 release was really legit, and even if it still isn`t, it`s giving those who got the Patch (when they weren`t supposed to) a SAY. But those of us who didn`t grab it DON`T get a say.

See what I`m saying?

I would say those that haven`t got the 4.00 Patch may as well get it if they can because otherwise it`s simply robbing us of our input, producing an under-represented view.

I will be searching for it and D\L.

p.s. And to the original question it does feel like those of who didn`t are being punished more than those that did.
As far as I know, you can still download it from Check Six.

SeaFireLIV
06-10-2005, 01:43 PM
Thnx, m8. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

AerialTarget
06-10-2005, 02:07 PM
Is it frowned upon or not? I have not yet downloaded it because the official go-ahead has not been given.

SeaNorris
06-10-2005, 02:16 PM
Well there is a Bug Reporting so it must be ok

Hunter82
06-10-2005, 02:16 PM
it's use at your own risk due to the leak. Make reports if you have it to the PF e-mail addy.

Now on my soapbox... I find it really funny how after the leak came out all the patch whiners started within 5 minutes even knowing it was a beta......

There are generally multiple release candidates on any software.... in short it will be done when it's done...

For those who have complained since day 1 ....take your betty and .....well fly it yeah that's where I was going with that thought lol

GoToAway
06-10-2005, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by AerialTarget:
Is it frowned upon or not? I have not yet downloaded it because the official go-ahead has not been given. No. Ivan OKed it.

I was wondering why you weren't complaining yet...

Aero_Shodanjo
06-10-2005, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by GoToAway:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AerialTarget:
Is it frowned upon or not? I have not yet downloaded it because the official go-ahead has not been given. No. Ivan OKed it.

I was wondering why you weren't complaining yet... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That doesnt mean it's official. He may have Ok'ed it but the only "official" patch release is when it's announced by Oleg and put in Ubi's IL2/PF download page.

Remember that he's (and can I safely assume all mods here?) not Ubisoft's or 1C's employee.

However about the patch, from Oleg's reply it seems to me that he recognized that it's the leaked release candidate. Those are two different things IMO.

SeaFireLIV
06-10-2005, 03:01 PM
Point is, if there`s going to be a Bug thread on 4.00 up for all, then all need to have this Patch to help inform Oleg of the pros and cons.

So by the simple logic of putting up this `Patch 4.00 Bugs Report thread`, the go-ahead has been given to EVERYONE interested to obtain 4.00 whether Official or not. In fact it`s a MUST if he`s going to have a good idea of what EVERYONE thinks of his good work. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

arcadeace
06-10-2005, 03:21 PM
I'm wondering if Oleg was wise to even put the effort into this patch. Its much different in so many respects its like he has to start over again to fix everything considering the length of the bugs report thread. I can't imagine it'll be any time soon before we get the 'real' patch. Hopefully he'll be able to apply much of his efforts with this to BoB.

Bearcat99
06-10-2005, 03:46 PM
I think that 1C is probably well aware of most of the flaws in this patch already. Thats why it was a "release candidate" and not a final... although many thought it was...... myself included. I thought the very same patch was going to be released the very next morning so I DLd it anyway. I dont think it will take forever to get it together. I actually think it works out better this way. 1C already knows about what is a real bug and what is a driver issue.... things like that.. so I have no doubt that we will have 4.01 in a reasonable amount of time.

ronison
06-10-2005, 04:54 PM
Well one good thing comes out of this. With it containing the new FM for BoB they now have alot more testers as to how it works and what needs fixed. They also now have a vehicle to see how well the FM will be recieved by the general public.

So far I have noticed, whith what little I have been able to fly, that the F4-F acts more like a real airplane. I dont know if it acts more like an F4-F because I have never flown one but as to how aircraft should react it is deffinetly doing that. As to other aircraft and how they are reacting I dont know. I have not really flown any others in the sim.

mortoma
06-10-2005, 05:10 PM
Sometimes I think they let these leaks happen on purpose. But for some reason want to make it look accidental. I may be completely wrong though.

steve_v
06-10-2005, 07:18 PM
http://home.earthlink.net/~viner45/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/repairkit.jpg

Hunter82
06-10-2005, 07:44 PM
This is barely the tip of the iceberg for the new BoB FM...just a small fraction actually.


Originally posted by ronison:
Well one good thing comes out of this. With it containing the new FM for BoB they now have alot more testers as to how it works and what needs fixed. They also now have a vehicle to see how well the FM will be recieved by the general public.

So far I have noticed, whith what little I have been able to fly, that the F4-F acts more like a real airplane. I dont know if it acts more like an F4-F because I have never flown one but as to how aircraft should react it is deffinetly doing that. As to other aircraft and how they are reacting I dont know. I have not really flown any others in the sim.

Tallyho1961
06-10-2005, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by steve_v:
http://home.earthlink.net/~viner45/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/repairkit.jpg

Is this available for download yet?