PDA

View Full Version : cut scenes

RSBigB
11-27-2011, 06:29 PM
absolutely loved the game, i've just finished it and im still sat here in amazement, goosebumps all over and hairs standing on end!

one thing though, as beautiful as the cut scenes are, how about making them "movie" style like at the beginning of the game? Prince of Persia had plenty of these when they were out, so why not AC series? would make the game stand out a lot more imo, im sure the xbox/ps3 discs can store the amount of data on it to handle doing it...

come UbiMontreal .... you know its the right thing to do http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

E-Zekiel
11-27-2011, 06:40 PM
It's a lot harder to make them in the cut scene you're describing than it is to use them using the game engine, which basically has all the graphics and mechanics it needs, and simply just needs the animator to animate them.

Whereas a cut scene like at the beginning is, in fact, not using the game engine, and every single little detail must be handled individually in a massive collaboration.

This is, of course, assuming they go with the high level of realism (many people mistake the opening videos in the AC series as being live-action; they're not) and pay attention to detail, unlike other games that use this system of cut scenes that don't pay a ton of attention to detail/realism.

RSBigB
11-28-2011, 12:26 AM
i see what your saying, i personally would think it would dramatise the game/story line a bit more .. well especially the ending which i will not say, but the end of sequence 9, amazing!!

it will be interesting to see what happens in the next installment, either way the graphics are amazing this time around

goclo822
11-28-2011, 04:51 AM
I definitely do wish that all the cut scenes could be as good quality as the ending and starting of Revelations. It makes the game feel so much more cinematic and beautiful. I never feel like a game is complete without those high quality cut scenes and I am so glad they added them to Revelations. The other games lacked that epic cinematic feeling without them.

However I understand that they are much more difficult, time consuming and expensive to make so I understand why they don't do them for every cut scene. I just hope that in the next game they do something similar to Revelations where it starts and ends with those clips.