PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion for AC4

ScrfuffMcGruff
01-30-2011, 11:04 AM
Hi guys, just finished my first playthrough of AC3.

Overall, I have to say it is probably the of the series so far. Specifically, I think the quest content, side-quest content and puzzles have all seen marked improvements with each installment of the franchise. One thing I'm still a little disappointed with, however, is the lack of actual 'boss-fights'.

A perfect example of this is when you are about to defeat Cesare (for the last time... thank God!) near the end of the current game. You basically corner him at the top of a castle and its like every other melee oriented combat sequence you've played through in any one of the first three games. And because 1-on-1 combat is so easy in this game, there's only two or three things that game designers seem to do to spice up these so called 'boss fights':

1) Make multiple enemies attack you at the same time during a 'boss-fight'.

2) Give the 'boss' more diamonds so he takes longer to kill.

3) Make the 'boss' run like hell and have you chase him down, or add parts 1-2 (see above) and then have you chase him.

If you have played through the game already, you should be able to easily see how these components are used, cut-and-paste, throughout the last (real) level, and for pretty much all other 'bosses' in general.

The problem I have with this is that during these times, the game doesn't feel quite as epic as it should. More specifically, 'bosses' need to be treated more than an average enemy NPC (with the only difference being that sometimes they have extra diamonds over their head!).

I know that a majority of our most hated enemies in the series are supposed to be ordinary human beings, meaning that we are not fighting magic based enemies such as a mage or warlock. In my opinion, however, even if you are limited to fighting the same physical/melee type of opponent throughout the game, there are still literally 100s of ways you can go about creating a unique fight (other than the standard three that I have mentioned above). At this point in the post I could say something stupid like, "Just take a look at 'X-RPG' for example..." but I'm not going to do that (everyone can imagine their own).

All-in-all, even with this flaw, the AC series has been excellent so far and I'm definitely excited to get my hands on the next release. Here's to hoping that Ubisoft will spice up some of the encounters in AC4!

LaCava1
01-30-2011, 11:07 AM
Assassin's Creed 3 hasn't been released yet...

ScrfuffMcGruff
01-30-2011, 11:12 AM
Thanks for posting constructive feedback on my analysis of the game and not squabbling over whether or not Brotherhood constitutes its own version of the game since its technically an expansion on Ezio's story.

...Seriously though, get lost.

ThaWhistle
01-30-2011, 11:13 AM
cool, a semantics troll.

there is already an existing thread to discuss the content of the game that will be titled Assassins Creed III

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...1069024/m/6831010868 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/6831010868)

this game is called Assassins Creed Brotherhood. That is its name. it is the third full multi platform tassassins creed game, but it is not assassins creed 3.

magesupermaster
01-30-2011, 11:13 AM
Once again; AC: Brotherhood is not ACIII.

Also, Brotherhood is probably what of the series? You forgot a word there..

Mr_Shade
01-30-2011, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by ScrfuffMcGruff:
Thanks for posting constructive feedback on my analysis of the game and not squabbling over whether or not Brotherhood constitutes its own version of the game since its technically an expansion on Ezio's story.

...Seriously though, get lost.

Hi welcome to the forums..

However I will ask you not to tell others to 'get lost'...

The user was pointing out that the current title is not AC3.. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

If you want to post feed back on the title - please use the ongoing feedback thread or the AC3 suggestion thread.

Might be an idea to also take a few minutes to read the forum rules http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif