PDA

View Full Version : Why don't you just shoot me, Microsoft?

iggadore
08-13-2005, 07:23 AM

XBOXman16
08-13-2005, 07:30 AM
This was always how they advertised it to be. Silver is free, Gold costs money.

iggadore
08-13-2005, 07:34 AM
I know but I thought silver at least had online multiplayer gaming, and according to this, its only use is socializing and getting downloadable content

SABU1111
08-13-2005, 07:43 AM
You had to pay for Xbox Live before.

iggadore
08-13-2005, 07:52 AM
I know i know i know! But the way Xbox was advertising live silver, I got the impression there was gonna be multiplayer included in silver, instead of just a pretty telephone.

Da_shoota
08-13-2005, 10:35 AM
I heard a rumor that M$ will open some days of the year for silver members to play online to see how they like it and upgrade to gold.

silentassasin05
08-13-2005, 10:41 AM
i dont have Xbox live, and it dont really bother me. im just glad that i can download new levels,etc. without paying

Lhorkan
08-13-2005, 11:48 AM
I don't buy consoles anyway. Less stress.

WhiteKnight77
08-13-2005, 11:54 AM
This is what I don't understand about console online players. They pay for an internet connection to begin with then pay even more to use that very same connection to play MP games where as with PC games, all you need is the game and the connection and no extra fees. I could understand if XBox Live also included the connection, but it doesn't. I'll stick to PC games that come online enabled without extra cash needed.

BANNED_
08-13-2005, 01:06 PM
microsoft never said there was free multiplayer on the 360....and anyway its worth paying for

DominusPrinceps
08-13-2005, 04:56 PM
I think it's cool that we now get free Download Content. It's isn't the same as having a PC, but mine's nowhere near able too play newer games. the most I can get it to play online is Battlezone II (best PC game ever). So live is cool. Definitely worth the $50 if all you have is a stone-age computer like me.

silentassasin05
08-13-2005, 05:01 PM
i was wondering, since the Xbox 360 can play some of the top games (halo 2, Splintercell 3 etc.), can you could download the content for them?

iggadore
08-13-2005, 05:07 PM
Idk, probably. O and dominus princeps, the downloadable content will still cost money, just shopping for it will be available on a free connection

Edit:
windows computers, made by microsoft, are by far the easiest to hack (as you can see with the daily updates they send out to keep a hacker from compromising your computer through Word, or something ridiculus like that)Has anyone tryed HACKING LIVE? I mean allowing your xbox to hook up to your net connection and play multiplayer without paying squat.

Vmold
08-13-2005, 05:35 PM
If anythings more stressful its pc gaming because you constantly get errors and always have to upgrade it.....buying a processer costs more then a console....good luck pc gamers

MR.Mic
08-13-2005, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by Vmold:
If anythings more stressful its pc gaming because you constantly get errors and always have to upgrade it.....buying a processer costs more then a console....good luck pc gamers

Yeah, but the **** we PC Gamers have to put up with get repayed 100X with Mods, new levels, SDK's, and near-infinite replayability.
And IMO, that's more than enough.

XyZspineZyX
08-13-2005, 05:55 PM
but whats the point of silver if you cant play online? with People?

rikakiah
08-13-2005, 07:31 PM
Basically, I see Silver as simply a bonus for 360 owners. It also sort of bridges some of the gap between PC's and consoles with all the "community" features it provides. While I myself probably wouldn't get much use out of these features, it's kind of a nice addition.

Gold is simply the Live we all currently know and love (or whatever). The fact that they're still charging for this shouldn't be any sort of suprise or frustration. Just because there's two levels of Live doesn't mean they both should be free. Heck, in reality, they could've made Silver cost a little as well and it wouldn't have been a huge deal (probably end this "why is one Live free and the other costs?" discussion...).

XyZspineZyX
08-14-2005, 02:05 AM
Originally posted by rikakiah:
Basically, I see Silver as simply a bonus for 360 owners. It also sort of bridges some of the gap between PC's and consoles with all the "community" features it provides. While I myself probably wouldn't get much use out of these features, it's kind of a nice addition.

Gold is simply the Live we all currently know and love (or whatever). The fact that they're still charging for this shouldn't be any sort of suprise or frustration. Just because there's two levels of Live doesn't mean they both should be free. Heck, in reality, they could've made Silver cost a little as well and it wouldn't have been a huge deal (probably end this "why is one Live free and the other costs?" discussion...).

Exactly,Silver is just like MSN Messenger in a sense. Gold is like the regular Xbox Live Gamertag service you have now if you have Xbox Live.

iggadore
08-14-2005, 02:10 AM
This thread isn't necessarily why is one live free and the other isn't. its more like, why do we have to pay to play with our friends over a connection we are already paying 30 bucks a month for. Why can't microsoft take a hint from sony and nintendo and make it not have any extraneous costs?

SABU1111
08-14-2005, 05:40 AM
Originally posted by SamFisher128:

You can play with Silver certain games on certain weekends.

iggadore
08-14-2005, 05:53 AM
Does it say anywhere what weekends and with what people? and does anyone know if and when you buy the 360, do you get a two month free gold account to try like they are currently giving away with current xboxes?

Raakile91
08-15-2005, 02:14 PM
DONT-COMPARE-PC's-TO-CONSOLES-EVER! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif You know that pc has a lot more to offer you and still you suspect it... cmon think a little, you don't have to buy new gaming consoles in every 3 years if you got pc...

Vmold
08-15-2005, 02:19 PM
I'm a veteran pc gamer so I know what im talking about, im just currently frusterated with my comp http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

silentassasin05
08-15-2005, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by Raakile91:
DONT-COMPARE-PC's-TO-CONSOLES-EVER! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif You know that pc has a lot more to offer you and still you suspect it... cmon think a little, you don't have to buy new gaming consoles in every 3 years if you got pc... but us console gamers dont need to buy graphic cards or more memory every 2 years which probably cost more than a console anyway. and consoles dont get viruses, pc's do.

XyZspineZyX
08-15-2005, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by SABU1111:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SamFisher128:

You can play with Silver certain games on certain weekends. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

on certain years in a certain timeframe, yeah i get it...

But you would save alot of time by just Playing with yourself....

.....With Multiplayer bots i mean....

Desert Hawk
08-15-2005, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by Raakile91:
DONT-COMPARE-PC's-TO-CONSOLES-EVER! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif You know that pc has a lot more to offer you and still you suspect it... cmon think a little, you don't have to buy new gaming consoles in every 3 years if you got pc...

Some people would rather have an out of the box solution with no set ups, no software hasstle, just plug and play. No upgrades, just wait for the next console, which lets face it, cost less that graphics card and whatever else there is to buy.

Not to mention, 32" widescreen TV, 5.1 surround sound system, comfy chair plus a cold one blows a 17" monitor and a few extra pixels out of the water. Games are about the experience, not the visuals.

Anyway, i'd rather play multiplayer split screen with friends. Much more fun that way IMO.

silentassasin05
08-15-2005, 05:23 PM
and the xbox 360 will be more powerful than a Pc at the time of release

XyZspineZyX
08-15-2005, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by Desert Hawk:
Some people would rather have an out of the box solution with no set ups, no software hasstle, just plug and play. No upgrades, just wait for the next console, which lets face it, cost less that graphics card and whatever else there is to buy.

You've got a good point there http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif I think I paid double the amount last time I upgraded. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif