PDA

View Full Version : seafire take off from carrier

WOLFMondo
06-17-2005, 07:57 AM
has anyone else had problems with this...the it wants to constantly push the nose into the deck you have to apply full elevators to stop the prop digging in then it wobbles like a weeble if you do manage to get it off the deck.

im no pilot but this doesn't seem right one bit.

VF-19
06-17-2005, 08:16 AM
I've noticed this too. It's probably a side effect of the new FM. You're probably used to the aircraft being so gentle on take off, that you're doing your old routine to taking off.

JG53Frankyboy
06-17-2005, 08:48 AM
yes, with the new FM the planes are more wobling forward and back.

in carrierstarts in know release the chocks at 50-60% power , NEVER put the stuck forward , and are giving carfully full power.

you have to be just more carefully now on start with 4.01 . thats ok

VW-IceFire
06-17-2005, 10:36 AM
Just tap the stick forward to bring the tailwheel up....then trim/hold the stick back to come off the top of the deck. Once you start getting a fine feel for the new FM...the planes stop wobbling.

Deedsundone
06-17-2005, 11:27 AM
It´s hard alright.I tried it for the first(4.01) time today at spit vs 109 and the two first takeoffs I struck my prop in the deck.The third time I got off,only to ditch in the water.
I stopped there and went to an airfield instead(don´t want to upset the team by losing too many ACs http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif)

space_bandit
06-17-2005, 02:11 PM
How many tries do you guys need to take off with full fuel and 500lb bomb in the single mission RN carrier take off 1?
I got it on my fourth and subsequent attempts.
Now to try the static carrier http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

LStarosta
06-17-2005, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by VW-IceFire:
Just tap the stick forward to bring the tailwheel up....then trim/hold the stick back to come off the top of the deck. Once you start getting a fine feel for the new FM...the planes stop wobbling.

I would not do that. Just the opposite, I'd pull the stick back because most planes will tend to want to nose over by themselves.

Aaron_GT
06-17-2005, 06:03 PM
has anyone else had problems with this...the it wants to constantly push the nose into the deck you have to apply full elevators to stop the prop digging in then it wobbles like a weeble if you do manage to get it off the deck.

SAme issue here. It's a pain in the posterior. I've not read any reports of what taking off a Seafire to know what it should be like, but I've read reports of those Spitfire Vcs going to Malta...

-HH- Beebop
06-17-2005, 06:15 PM
I've had a modicrum of success holding the stick back during carrier take off. The problems start when the carrier deck ends! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

danjama
06-17-2005, 07:38 PM
im with beebop

HellToupee
06-17-2005, 07:43 PM
twas like this in 4.0 to, the second the tail gets off the ground it wants to nose over, onlyby pulling back hard can you prevent it, try to get it stable is an impossible tast it rocks back and foward, its only the seafire the other spitfires do not suffer from this weird problem.