PDA

View Full Version : duplicated aircraft markings

Dag_nabbitt
02-05-2010, 11:52 AM
Hello everyone i recently downloaded mat manager v.236 and its definatley working sort off.!! I can see the extra skins in the aircraft customisation part but they have slovakian i think crosses and then the black german crosses on top the only skin that is clean is the default one.What have i done wrong.

thanks for your help

dag

DD_crash
02-05-2010, 12:05 PM
Have you selected a skin with markings already on?

Dag_nabbitt
02-08-2010, 09:24 AM
Hi DD yes i select the default skin as this is the only one that doesn't show as 2 skins overlapping each other.
i messed around the weekend but i couldn't figure it out.

thanks for your help.

Ba5tard5word
02-08-2010, 09:46 AM
Are you flying the Bf-109E? I know it has some skins that automatically have a weird blue cross on it, not sure what that is for, maybe Slovakia or something. Some skins already have the insignia on and some don't, and if they don't you can turn the auto set of insignia on and off with the switcher.

I don't think it's the mat manager thing (though I've never used it and I don't really know what it is).

Maybe find some other skins for the plane you want somewhere like Mission4Today or whatever.

Dag_nabbitt
02-08-2010, 11:48 AM
thanks mr sword i am using the 109- e you mention
you can turn the auto set of insignia on and off with the switcher.

how do i do that where do i look for it. thanks really apprceiate all you guys for your patience and knowledge.

Ba5tard5word
02-08-2010, 03:11 PM
When you are in the aircraft setup screen selecting your skin, there is a button below the skin selection drop-down menu that you can press to turn the insignia on and off, I can't remember what it says since I'm not at my home computer right now. Something like "insignia on/off" or "decals on/off" or something like that.

thefruitbat
02-08-2010, 03:11 PM
its 'markings' on/off

Dag_nabbitt
02-10-2010, 01:56 AM
ahhh thanks fellas i'll give it a go and let you know how i get on thanks again for your help.

cheers

dag

Treetop64
02-10-2010, 11:09 AM
Dag_nabbit,

Keep in mind that if you turn off markings, then you Mat Manager markings will not show at all. Turning off markings is only useful if you're actually going to select a skin for an aircraft that already has markings applied to it by the skin designer. Otherwise, turning on markings will apply markings to aircraft skins that do not have markings already applied.

So, if you're in the aircraft selection menu, and you select a skin that already has it's own markings (these are custom skins), then you turn on the markings, then your Mat Manger markings will overlap the custom markings already on that particular skin. You're not doing anything wrong, that's just how it is.

Mat Manger markings, as well as the game's default basic makings, are simply another texture layer applied over the aircraft's skin layer. That's why when have Markings turned off, you see "bare" or "naked" aircraft when you select a default, non-custom skin. That's why the Markings on/off switch is there.

Dag_nabbitt
02-11-2010, 03:25 AM
Hi guys big thanks to you all for your input.The markings switch has helped as treetop said sometimes all the markings disappear,but at least now they aren't so messy and i can live with that.! thanks again for all the info you've provided.
I'm sure i'll be back to pester you again as i'd like to start building missions soon and that a whole new can of worms lol thanks all.

dag