PDA

View Full Version : Pros and Cons of Each Flotilla?

Savutay
04-07-2005, 09:56 PM
What are the advantages and disadvantages of each flotilla? I'm looking to transfer to another one and I'm not sure which one to pick. Good missions or good ships? Better torpedoes sooner or new equipment?
Thoughts?

Savutay
04-07-2005, 09:56 PM
What are the advantages and disadvantages of each flotilla? I'm looking to transfer to another one and I'm not sure which one to pick. Good missions or good ships? Better torpedoes sooner or new equipment?
Thoughts?

KiwiVenge
04-07-2005, 10:01 PM
1st is pretty 'plain jane' in terms of sub/parts advancement.
Great bases though, real handy to where you want to be, and easy to get in and out of.

quillan
04-07-2005, 10:04 PM
The equipment really comes at the same rate, regardless. The only advantages/disadvantages lie in location, available sub types, typical patrols, and (in at least one case) ease of getting in and out of the harbor (or lack thereof). Each Flotilla has a list of sub types available to it. 1st Flotilla has the type II and type VII series. 7th Flotilla has the type VII series and type XXI. 2nd has the type VII series and type IX series (and also Lorient, the harbor that usually takes 15-20 minutes real time to get to the point where you can use time compression). Others come up later in the war, like the 29th in La Spezia, Italy, which only has the type VII boats, and the 10th and 11th Flotillas.

Savutay
04-07-2005, 10:15 PM
So, what are people's favorites? I think I'm still going to try to get some more reknown (upping my realism as I get better). Do you recommend I stay in 1st, tearing it up in the channel until I get 3000-5000 reknown so to get a better sub later? Or will I get even more reknown going to a new flotilla (say 7) and play some missions with higher ranked ships...
I love this game, its so realistic that I just dont even know what to do with my career except to get better!

quillan
04-07-2005, 10:22 PM
Well, you need 2500 to go from a type II to a VIIB, plus you'll need to purchase upgrades, which don't transfer to the new boat. You can do that in the first. I'd recommend staying there, at least until the 7th is set up in St. Nazaire (Sept 1940), as 7th prior to that is in Kiel, and has to sail a lot farther to get to the action. Transfer to 2nd if you want to get a type IX, and explore the final frontier, seek out new life and new civilizations, boldly go where no man...err, wait, I mean sail off into BFE. Go to the 29th if you want some Club Med action. Save up the renown, and if you survive until mid-1944, you can get a type XXI, for 30,000 renown. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif

Savutay
04-07-2005, 10:51 PM
Thanks for the help, man!