PDA

View Full Version : Driver: Parallel Lines - First PC-Screenshots

JAY_773
04-28-2007, 07:08 AM
Ubi UK released the first 4 screenshots of the PC-version:

Screenshots @ Planet-Driver.com (http://planet-driver.gamigo.de/driver4/gallery,list25,1.html)

Driverman2006
04-28-2007, 08:51 AM
Niiiiiiiiiiiiccccccccccceeeeeeeeeee, dude.http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

Assaultmachine1
04-28-2007, 10:06 AM
The screens don't look very different from what we've seen with the PS2 and Xbox ports, so I'm not so impressed by this. Also, I don't expect much of the gameplay to be different in the PC port of the game than the two earlier ports of the PS2 and Xbox because the Wii is the only version to have some more features, but it's not like I'll be feeling excited at all. The game wasn't all that good and it is just a rip-off. I hope that Reflections brings back what we loved so much about the franchise and gets rid of all the stuff that didn't do them good in the game itself. I want the old Driver back rather than the new one. Perhaps a remake of the first game would be a good start and from there, they could go to try doing something else with the franchise or even with a new kind of game that is not Driver.

JAY_773
04-28-2007, 11:30 AM
I think there are many graphical differences to the PS2/Xbox ports.

Compare:

PS2:
http://planet-driver.gamigo.de/driver4/uploads/gallery/5/pic-287.jpg

PC:
http://planet-driver.gamigo.de/driver4/uploads/gallery/25/pic-1127.jpg

PS2:
http://planet-driver.gamigo.de/driver4/uploads/gallery/5/pic-265.jpg

PC:
http://planet-driver.gamigo.de/driver4/uploads/gallery/25/pic-1124.jpg

Better textures, more detailed cars, better lighting. And it doesn't have the comic-look anymore.

Driverman2006
04-28-2007, 11:32 AM
I wonder if you can mod the PC version. Like I would like to listen to the 70s tunes and use the 70s weapons in 2006. I wish the PS2 version had that with 2006.

JAY_773
04-28-2007, 11:34 AM
I hope so, but I don't believe it. It is the same game engine which was used for Driv3r. And you know how difficult it was to mod some things in this game.^^

Driverman2006
04-28-2007, 11:39 AM
Yeah, people were saying that it's hard to mod the PC version of Driv3r (I don't have it, but I heard what everybody was saying about it). Any specs yet on the PC version? Like what kind of Windows will it run on? ME, XP, Vista?

JAY_773
04-28-2007, 12:01 PM
I think it'll run on Vista, XP, 2000.

Driv3r needed:

2000/XP
Pentium 4 or Athlon XP 2GHz
256 MB RAM
HDD: 5.5 GB
graphic card: ATI Radeon 8500/Nvidia Geforce 3 or better

I think DPL will need a better graphic card and more RAM.

Assaultmachine1
04-29-2007, 08:26 PM
Well, I must say that the PC port's graphics of DPL look better than even the Wii port, which is supposed to have improved graphics as well, so it is good to see happening, but there will need to be a lot more done for the graphics when the game appears on the PS3 and/or any other next-gen console that there is.

Off-topic: I just took a look at the screens of GTAIV and I noticed that while they may seem impressive, they don't go as far as that of games like Forza Motorsport 2, Gears of War, Crysis (of course not, with it having the best graphics of a game to date), Bioshock, Resident Evil 5, Gran Turismo HD, and among others. The RAGE engine is the right step in the direction of making the graphics better, but it sure isn't the highest that graphics can ever take a leap. Also, while D3's graphics are certainly weaker to that of GTAIV, the models of vehicles both look rather impressive, so who knows what more work Reflections may find use of when it comes to creating a Driver game and maybe it will even support the Unreal 3 Engine, which would be a very wise choice since it's perhaps the biggest graphics engine on the next-generation consoles while CryEngine 2.0 is the best graphics engine out of any graphics engine that there is (even the Unreal III engine is not enough). The CryEngine is the same engine that Crytek, developer of Far Cry, which is being used for its next game, Crysis. Although GTAIV's graphics aren't as impressive for even a next-generation title, the graphics are expected to be improved over time and lets hope that Rockstar North won't dissapoint us in the lines of graphics again as they did in the 6th generation. Most importantly, lets hope that Reflections can get the graphics, gameplay, replay value, sound, and controls all pushed to as far as their time is for them to work on the next-gen Driver game.

JAY_773
04-30-2007, 05:39 AM
The graphics in the GTA IV trailer aren't the final graphics (Game Informer Preview).

@Driver Next-Gen: Reflections shouldn't simply buy an engine, but invest money in making a new one by themselves. The Unreal Engine 3 is used in too many games. Sure, it is a powerful engine for developers, but I didn't want every game look the same. Rockstar knows why they used a self-made engine for all the GTAs instead of buying one.

Assaultmachine1
05-01-2007, 01:50 PM
I know that the graphics aren't final. I stated that in my post, but I don't think that the graphics will ever be as high as that of the games like Forza Motorsport, Halo 3, Gears of War, or even Crysis. If you look back at the entire GTA series, you can see that the graphics have always been slightly less good than that of the many other games. You can see this in GTA, GTA London 1969, GTA 2, GTA III, GTA VC, GTA SA, GTA LCS, GTA Advance, GTA VCS, and of course, GTA IV. Every other category always seems at a high level, but the graphics never tend to look at a high level. Although the graphics will be better in the next GTA games than any of the previous GTA games, I don't think that we'll see a time where it will ever reach as high as those other big games, which usually have some of the best graphics around.

You're right about having Reflections invest on a new engine since games wouldn't feel like something new if they all were to look the same and it gives them a more distinctive look by having a different graphics engine. I do want Reflections to make an engine that is similar to how the real driving simulators like GT 5, Forza Motorsport 2, and Project Gotham Racing 4 since it will make everything look better, especially the details on the vehicles. Test Drive Unlimited had some pretty impressive looking graphics for a racing game from the start of the Xbox 360, but now that it is moving onto better heights (after Gears of War blew us away with its graphics), we need to see a lot more in terms of the graphics and the gameplay.

driver_madness
05-08-2007, 02:04 AM
Originally posted by JAY_773:
I think it'll run on Vista, XP, 2000.

Driv3r needed:

2000/XP
Pentium 4 or Athlon XP 2GHz
256 MB RAM
HDD: 5.5 GB
graphic card: ATI Radeon 8500/Nvidia Geforce 3 or better

I think DPL will need a better graphic card and more RAM.

I truly think that if it isn't a cheap port like DRIV3R it should require a lot less PC Power, but I guess it's really hard to say because if you tried to run driv3r on minimal requirements it'll run at less than a frame per second, which is pretty upsetting http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif.

For modding Driver: Parallel Lines, I'm going to be working very large on that, and currently I'm still working on moddng DRIV3R and It's possible to edit ingame sounds and music, edit textures chance variables for many different things.

There are many things I'm still discovering about DRIV3R which will be very interesting to tell everyone when Driver 3 Modding site is up http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Also I don't think they would use the same engines, there very different games.

Also the PC screenshots weren't the best, they could have taken better, also since they were stretched the ones from Uk's ubi site.

anyways I'm counting down the days till June 28th when it's releasing in my local area.

JAY_773
05-08-2007, 04:54 AM
Parallel Lines uses the same engine as Driv3r, with some improvements on textures and models. Or why do you think Parallel Lines was released just a year after the PC port of Driv3r ?^^

I didn't have any frame rate problems with Driv3r, but I also know some people with high-end PCs and big performance problems. But this problem has nothing to do with their systems, but with the game itself.