PDA

View Full Version : Noseart in PF

Tooz_69GIAP
11-24-2004, 05:14 AM
I had a look at the new noseart stuff, thinking that I might try my hand at making some custom stuff.

But then I noticed which aircraft could have the new noseart on them. The aircraft selection is fine, what is NOT fine is that you can only select noseart for these aircraft if you choose USA markings!!!

You cannot have noseart on yer aircraft if you choose Russian markings, or UK markings, or any other markings except USA!!!!!!

This sux, plain and simple. I see no reason why we shouldn't be allowed to select noseart (specially custom stuff) for an aircraft like the B-25, or A-20 when it has Russian markings!! Okay, so it may not be terribly historic sticking a busty lass on a Soviet aircraft, but so what??????

Any chance we could have this option changed so that other nations can have the noseart on em???????

Extreme_One
11-24-2004, 12:28 PM
Surely it's not such a big deal?
Stick your noseart on a skin and then you can have it on any plane/ any nationality.

Tooz_69GIAP
11-24-2004, 04:10 PM
Well, I had the idea of creating personalised squad noseart for the bombers as in my squad we fly bombers a lot. But we fly them as Soviet aircraft. Now, instead of pfaffing around with the skin everytime we wanted to personalise an aircraft, I thought just making a new noseart would be a lot easier, but then, we can't do that coz you can't have the noseart on the Soviet aircraft.

I just thought it was rather unfair to include a cool feature like that, and only keep it for the USAians.

VW-IceFire
11-24-2004, 08:21 PM
Question: Did the VVS allow (or use) noseart? If so, then yes enable it. But the RAF did specifically not alow noseart or much of anything beyond the standard markings.

It took them a bit to just even allow national markings like the Polish or Czech airforce badges.

Tooz_69GIAP
11-24-2004, 09:32 PM
Well, most noseart was limited to patriotic slogans, but there was the odd bit here and there.

Here are two examples:

http://baseclass.modulweb.dk/69giap/fileadmin/69_giap_private/images/Image1.jpg

http://baseclass.modulweb.dk/69giap/fileadmin/69_giap_private/images/Image2.jpg

But the point is not whether it was done historically, it just is annoying that you can't place noseart on aircraft unless you fly with certain markings. Just seems very limiting to me.

Tater-SW-
11-24-2004, 10:24 PM
PLace the object carefully, and it can be used for other stuff.

Most USN and USMC planes did not have nose art (like most, but by no means all RAF planes had no nose art). They DID have kill markings under the cockpit. Put the "noseart" tile under the cockpit on USN planes. Use it for kill markings.

tater

Tooz_69GIAP
11-25-2004, 12:15 AM
Well, I am aware of the alternative options, but my point is that I see it as unfair that this feature is unavailable to all but one nation in the game. That's all.

Oleg_Maddox
11-25-2004, 02:28 AM
The nose art like you show on Pe-2 can't be handled by the "engine of nose art" itself in a sim.

So I don't see any unfair things.
Also, such one like you have shown us nose paint was really rare and unusual in VVS and finally was prohibited in VVS for a long time.... Really it was alwasy prohibited and only some time that order of high command was ignored....

Tooz_69GIAP
11-25-2004, 04:35 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Oleg_Maddox:
The nose art like you show on Pe-2 can't be handled by the "engine of nose art" itself in a sim.

So I don't see any unfair things.
Also, such one like you have shown us nose paint was really rare and unusual in VVS and finally was prohibited in VVS for a long time.... Really it was alwasy prohibited and only some time that order of high command was ignored.... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, yes, certainly the lion noseart is rather outlandish and I wouldn't expect that sort of thing to be a selectable option. But what I think would be good (okay, it may not be so 100% historically accurate) is for those aircraft which have the new noseart function available to be able to have noseart no matter which national markings are chosen for that aircraft.

Is that such a bad thing to ask for??

Anyway, thanks for answering Oleg!!

Aces_High_2
11-25-2004, 05:27 AM
Hi,

I think the problem with artwork such as the "shark's mouth" graphic that you showed is wrapping it around the 3D model. I beleive that the same applies to the current lack of "fin-flashes" with RAF aircraft etc.

This, I believe is what Oleg is refering to in mentioning "can't be handled by the "engine of nose art" itself in a sim."

The ability to add "nose-art" to other Nationalities and models of aircraft however would be a nice feature within the above mentioned limitations.

Best Regards

Aces

Aero_Shodanjo
11-25-2004, 05:50 AM
Maybe we should define what really means by "noseart" especially in this sim. That sharkmouth is obviously can't be done (or atleast very complicated) since it's involved in "wrapping" the 3D shape of the aircraft. Just like whenever you see any aircraft use such kind of noseart, you know: it's the whole skin customized to include the sharkmouth picture.

But I think that one sided and flat noseart can be implemented to any plane somehow. Now it's more a matter of historical accuracy or political reasons that differ from one country to another especially about noseart. That's ofcourse, IMHO.

Anyway, my 2 cents.