PDA

View Full Version : entered the wrong cd key.

reka10
03-19-2011, 05:40 AM
I have a problem. I entered the exclusive content key instead of the cd key. though the game still ran, i cant connect to uplay. how can i reset this so i can enter the correct key? P.S. I have tried the solution centre and they havent responded.

ilya_212
03-19-2011, 10:49 AM
i have thisproblem too.
i am from russia.
i buy collection edition and cd key for exclusive content is wrong.
game write, what cd-key is used, but i take the game only now. please help me

ThaWhistle
03-19-2011, 11:09 AM
perhaps uninstall and reinstall?

I reckon a mod will be around here and let ya know if there is a fix.

Mr_Shade
03-19-2011, 11:14 AM
For people having CD Key / Activation / bonus content issues, you will need to contact Support.

Ubisoft Support should always be the first port of call for account or CD Key issues.

You will need to make sure that you have proof of purchase and the CD Key used [or Bonus content key].

You can contact Support via the link in my signature.

Please make sure you answer any and all emails / replies from them within 48 hours.

The first reply you get may well be a short list of things to try, however please make sure that if they do not solve the issue, you update your ticket as the email states.

reka10
03-19-2011, 11:29 AM
you know i wouldn't have made a thread if i havent tried that already. i waited 2 days for the reply. and still didnt get an answer. i looked everywhere in support and forums and no answers.

Mr_Shade
03-19-2011, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by reka10:
you know i wouldn't have made a thread if i havent tried that already. i waited 2 days for the reply. and still didnt get an answer. i looked everywhere in support and forums and no answers. Support are the only ones able to deal with CD Key or Bonus content Key issues.

No one on the forums, will be able to solve the issue for you, since it's something only support can do - so I'm sorry to say, you may have to wait.

They should reply to you within 48 hours, however it is currently the weekend, so they may not answer until monday now, and the first reply may be an quick reply - with things to try based on what you have asked them - so if that did not solve the issue, you need to make sure that you update the ticket.

You can also call them within working hours using the contact details found in the back of the games manual, if you have one - or via www.ubi.com (http://www.ubi.com) for your region.

reka10
03-19-2011, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Mr_Shade:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by reka10:
you know i wouldn't have made a thread if i havent tried that already. i waited 2 days for the reply. and still didnt get an answer. i looked everywhere in support and forums and no answers. Support are the only ones able to deal with CD Key or Bonus content Key issues.

No one on the forums, will be able to solve the issue for you, since it's something only support can do - so I'm sorry to say, you may have to wait.

They should reply to you within 48 hours, however it is currently the weekend, so they may not answer until monday now, and the first reply may be an quick reply - with things to try based on what you have asked them - so if that did not solve the issue, you need to make sure that you update the ticket.

You can also call them within working hours using the contact details found in the back of the games manual, if you have one - or via www.ubi.com (http://www.ubi.com) for your region. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well i was just wondering if other people has experienced thiis problem and if they managed to resolve it. thanks anyways

EndreMan
03-19-2011, 06:47 PM
I made the same mistake reka 10! ( Réka? )

I'm accidently typed the bonus redeem code, instead of the serial code during the activation , the game starting, but i can't play multiplayer,or login to uplay in the ingame main menu.
I posted the question too at the support site.
Let's hope to get the answer soon.

reka10
03-20-2011, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by EndreMan:
I made the same mistake reka 10! ( Réka? )

I'm accidently typed the bonus redeem code, instead of the serial code during the activation , the game starting, but i can't play multiplayer,or login to uplay in the ingame main menu.
I posted the question too at the support site.
Let's hope to get the answer soon.

if your having the same problem that i have then thats the reason we cant connect to Uplay. i have been waiting for 3 days now i think i will call them on monday.

EndreMan
03-20-2011, 10:49 AM
If you do that, please tell me here what happened!
THX and good luck

reka10
03-23-2011, 07:24 AM
If you do that, please tell me here what happened!
THX and good luck

support was useless.. told me to register a new account and enter the correct cdkey on that account. you cant use your bonus code anymore because its blocked. i waited 3days for this crappy solution i could have done it myself ¬_¬

EndreMan
03-23-2011, 07:48 PM
Wow.....exactly the same happened with me again.
The support says the same......
And of course my bonus code blocked too.
Very good...i bought the codex edition....and now i cannot use the extra content...it's just great....
good luck anyway

reka10
03-24-2011, 10:42 AM
Wow.....exactly the same happened with me again.
The support says the same......
And of course my bonus code blocked too.
Very good...i bought the codex edition....and now i cannot use the extra content...it's just great....
good luck anyway

this is the response i got when i asked if i could have a key replacement:
Hello Kimakaze,

I am really sorry but in this case there is nothing we can do. I am sorry for any inconvenience caused.

If you have any further queries or issues please do not hesitate to contact us again and we will assist you further.

Kind Regards,
Dominik
Ubisoft Technical Support