PDA

View Full Version : Bomber gunners and head-on passes

XyZspineZyX
07-20-2003, 04:33 PM
I have had this happen a few times in a short period. I'm closing head on to a pack of bombers or some other well defended flight of planes. The closing speed between us is a zillion miles per hour but the AI gunners get me despite the speed, right as I flash by, faster than lighting. Does this unlikely event occur to you other people too?? I know how hard it is to hit planes in this scenario because of all the time I've spent gunning planes in B-17 II and this sim also. Not whining about it but I sure hope the patch tones down on defensive gunner accuracy and ground AAA accuracy too. I don't remember Oleg mentioning anything about that kind of stuff though. I will be glad to take whatever improvements we get I guess.

XyZspineZyX
07-20-2003, 04:33 PM
I have had this happen a few times in a short period. I'm closing head on to a pack of bombers or some other well defended flight of planes. The closing speed between us is a zillion miles per hour but the AI gunners get me despite the speed, right as I flash by, faster than lighting. Does this unlikely event occur to you other people too?? I know how hard it is to hit planes in this scenario because of all the time I've spent gunning planes in B-17 II and this sim also. Not whining about it but I sure hope the patch tones down on defensive gunner accuracy and ground AAA accuracy too. I don't remember Oleg mentioning anything about that kind of stuff though. I will be glad to take whatever improvements we get I guess.

XyZspineZyX
07-20-2003, 04:55 PM
Yep - Its a well known and probably the most annoying bug (Althogh its not really a bug) which needs to be addressed as a matter of utmost priority.

We call them "Sniper gunners" /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

Message Edited on 07/20/0303:56PM by SS-Sorce

XyZspineZyX
07-20-2003, 06:19 PM
When you merge roll and dive. In a head-on you only occupy the enemy's shot cone for a second or two, roll and dive and you'll not get hit. Yes, the bombers are too good, but you can overcome. Try attacking from extreme angles. Going for the head on is a good idea, or try from directly above or high and to one side. Currently if you just creep on their six your going to get shot.

<center> http://www.4yourfuture.net/handshake.gif

"Altitude, speed, maneuver, fire!"-The "formula of Terror" of Aleksandr Pokryshkin, Three times awarded the rank of Hero of the Soviet Union

XyZspineZyX
07-21-2003, 01:17 AM
You didn't read my post very well, I wasn't attacking from their six, I was attacking head on at high closure speeds. And the AI was able to get me despite the 600 to 700 KPH closing speed, just as I passed by at the blinding speeds. I say it it not realistic for them to be able to get you in that setting very often. It would come under the category of a "miracle" shot. Just don't happen that often.