PDA

View Full Version : People with masks in the trailer...

johnnyhayek
10-05-2011, 01:18 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pvsu4u2qzsY

At around 1:35, you see people wearing weird masks that you kill. Does anyone know who they are?

LightRey
10-05-2011, 01:21 PM
Those would be the Janissaries (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Janissaries).

johnnyhayek
10-05-2011, 02:06 PM
Thanks http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Jexx21
10-05-2011, 03:54 PM
Ezio's DLC armor looks like them sort of. Wonder if it'll provide a costume bonus :P

Moultonborough
10-07-2011, 01:37 AM
The thing that confuses me is are they elite guards or normal ones. For example the Vatican guards in AC:B. In some of the videos I couldn't tell if the ones standing around looked the same as the up close views.

MeSkate
10-07-2011, 02:00 AM
Janissaries are elite guards, they are like the papal guards in ACB.

Skuldpt
10-07-2011, 03:28 AM
I actually though those would be the re-placers for the followers of romulus because you can't find them everywhere!

CRUDFACE
10-07-2011, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by MeSkate:

Hope they'll be harder then

Calvarok
10-07-2011, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by Skuldpt:
I actually though those would be the re-placers for the followers of romulus because you can't find them everywhere!

The followers of Romulous could never be seen in the open world. Jannisaries can. Plus the followers of romulous hunted in packs, they weren't "elite" enemies.

reini03
10-07-2011, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by t260z:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MeSkate:

Hope they'll be harder then </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, the Janissaries will always be actively hunting for Ezio, no matter how notorious he is. I'd expect that to make it a bit harder.

Jexx21
10-07-2011, 10:12 AM
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110811014256/assassinscreed/images/thumb/4/4a/PapalGuard.png.png/200px-PapalGuard.png.png http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110818033328/assassinscreed/images/thumb/c/cf/Ottoman_Janissary.png/250px-Ottoman_Janissary.png

FIGHT!!!

LightRey
10-07-2011, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by MagnifyHope:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by t260z:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MeSkate:

Well, the Janissaries will always be actively hunting for Ezio, no matter how notorious he is. I'd expect that to make it a bit harder. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I hope things such as stalkers and the Janissaries won't get in the way of being able to just sit back and do nothing every once in a while. I don't want to have to be on my guard 24/7.

Calvarok
10-07-2011, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MagnifyHope:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by t260z:

Well, the Janissaries will always be actively hunting for Ezio, no matter how notorious he is. I'd expect that to make it a bit harder. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I hope things such as stalkers and the Janissaries won't get in the way of being able to just sit back and do nothing every once in a while. I don't want to have to be on my guard 24/7. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I'm sure that you'll be safe from stalkers if you just get out of the crowd. Camp a roof. It's where you'll go if you want to do nothing: great view!

NewBlade200
10-07-2011, 10:49 AM
So, will they be pathetic waste of stabs like Papal Guards or will they be something more formidable, like a brain damaged caterpillar?

albertwesker22
10-07-2011, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by Calvarok:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MagnifyHope:

I hope things such as stalkers and the Janissaries won't get in the way of being able to just sit back and do nothing every once in a while. I don't want to have to be on my guard 24/7. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I'm sure that you'll be safe from stalkers if you just get out of the crowd. Camp a roof. It's where you'll go if you want to do nothing: great view! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The rooftops are annoying in my view. You can't walk 3 feet in both AC 2 and ACB, without "Get down now!"

I think Lightrey is worried about that happening on the ground. One of the best things you can do in ACB, is to just walk around the city with the people, visit the ruins and to take in the sights.

If we are constantly harrassed by gaurds, the game will become a real pain.

Like Prototype, you can never just sit back and do nothing in that game. You are constantly fighting something, and as a result, the game loses enjoyability.

dxsxhxcx
10-07-2011, 11:06 AM

I hope things such as stalkers and the Janissaries won't get in the way of being able to just sit back and do nothing every once in a while. I don't want to have to be on my guard 24/7. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hope we are able to find a few of them in most "key" locations (important places around the city) in Constantinople, otherwise they'll be useless the same way the papal guards were... and I also hope they provide a good fight (different from the papal guards in ACB), Ezio might be skilled but the Janissaries weren't the Sultan's private guards for nothing...

LightRey
10-07-2011, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by dxsxhxcx:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

I hope things such as stalkers and the Janissaries won't get in the way of being able to just sit back and do nothing every once in a while. I don't want to have to be on my guard 24/7. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hope we are able to find a few of them in most "key" locations (important places around the city) in Constantinople, otherwise they'll be useless the same way the papal guards were... and I also hope they provide a good fight (different from the papal guards in ACB), Ezio might be skilled but the Janissaries weren't the Sultan's private guards for nothing... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Maybe they'll be like the special guards each target had in AC1.

Calvarok
10-07-2011, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by albertwesker22:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Calvarok:

I hope things such as stalkers and the Janissaries won't get in the way of being able to just sit back and do nothing every once in a while. I don't want to have to be on my guard 24/7. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I'm sure that you'll be safe from stalkers if you just get out of the crowd. Camp a roof. It's where you'll go if you want to do nothing: great view! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The rooftops are annoying in my view. You can't walk 3 feet in both AC 2 and ACB, without "Get down now!"

I think Lightrey is worried about that happening on the ground. One of the best things you can do in ACB, is to just walk around the city with the people, visit the ruins and to take in the sights.

If we are constantly harrassed by gaurds, the game will become a real pain.

Like Prototype, you can never just sit back and do nothing in that game. You are constantly fighting something, and as a result, the game loses enjoyability. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well I'm pretty sure Ottoman guards are not instantly hostile unless you're notorious, so I doubt they'll be chasing after you the whole time, since Jannisaries are Ottoman affiliated. I think they said that Templar controlled areas are the only places to be ambushed and everyone always starts detecting you.

In the street at normal times, the stalker will probably always attack, but I'm pretty sure there will be a mission that gets rid of stalker attacks, just like in ACB with the bandits.

EDIT: in fact, I'm not sure why Jannisaries are shown like they are in the trailer, aren't they supposed to be on the Ottoman side? But I don't think that the Ottomans are meant to be "good", anyways. There's probably templars infiltrating them as well, or someone who just thinks Ezio is a dangerous threat.

LightRey
10-07-2011, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by Calvarok:
Well I'm pretty sure Ottoman guards are not instantly hostile unless you're notorious, so I doubt they'll be chasing after you the whole time, since Jannisaries are Ottoman affiliated. I think they said that Templar controlled areas are the only places to be ambushed and everyone always starts detecting you.

In the street at normal times, the stalker will probably always attack, but I'm pretty sure there will be a mission that gets rid of stalker attacks, just like in ACB with the bandits.

EDIT: in fact, I'm not sure why Jannisaries are shown like they are in the trailer, aren't they supposed to be on the Ottoman side? But I don't think that the Ottomans are meant to be "good", anyways. There's probably templars infiltrating them as well, or someone who just thinks Ezio is a dangerous threat.
Apparently there are Templars agents amongst the Ottomans, so that could explain why Ezio also gets to fight those.

Chamboozer
10-07-2011, 01:44 PM
Those definately don't look like regular Janissaries.

Sarari
10-07-2011, 03:04 PM
Someone mentioned the bandits being taken away in a mission. I hope that doesn't happen in Revelations to the Janissaries. I'd like to have a fight every now and then without me starting it. It would be really cool.

I also hope that the Janissaries are scattered across the city, unlike the Papal Guards. The Papal Guards were in only one area or district. Which made them extremely pointless. And what made them even more pointless is that they weren't that hard to kill. Even in a kill streak I expected Ezio not to be able to kill them on his first try. I thought that it would be like fighting the general from the Borgia towers.

I hope they're as hard as those leader guards in AC1. Not as hard as the templars in white, but just those guys with the huge helmets. That would be a challenge to fight 5 or 6 of them at once http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

LightRey
10-07-2011, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by Sarari:
Someone mentioned the bandits being taken away in a mission. I hope that doesn't happen in Revelations to the Janissaries. I'd like to have a fight every now and then without me starting it. It would be really cool.

I also hope that the Janissaries are scattered across the city, unlike the Papal Guards. The Papal Guards were in only one area or district. Which made them extremely pointless. And what made them even more pointless is that they weren't that hard to kill. Even in a kill streak I expected Ezio not to be able to kill them on his first try. I thought they it would be like fighting the general for the Borgia towers.

I hope they're as hard as those leader guards in AC1. Not as hard as the templars in white, but just those guys with the huge helmets. That would be a challenge to fight 5 or 6 of them at once http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
You do realize that in ACB you can still get random encounters with thieves after the last thieves mission if you just load one of the thieves memories and free roam instead of starting the mission, right?

Sarari
10-07-2011, 03:14 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sarari:

I also hope that the Janissaries are scattered across the city, unlike the Papal Guards. The Papal Guards were in only one area or district. Which made them extremely pointless. And what made them even more pointless is that they weren't that hard to kill. Even in a kill streak I expected Ezio not to be able to kill them on his first try. I thought they it would be like fighting the general for the Borgia towers.

You do realize that in ACB you can still get random encounters with thieves after the last thieves mission if you just load one of the thieves memories and free roam instead of starting the mission, right? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yes, but I'd like to not have to do that because it gets tiring. Even though it doesn't take long. I'd like to just load my game up and have everything set instead of loading a memory.

Jexx21
10-07-2011, 03:21 PM
The templars in AC1 were hard to fight? I just countered them at the right time and down they went.

LightRey
10-07-2011, 03:27 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sarari:

You do realize that in ACB you can still get random encounters with thieves after the last thieves mission if you just load one of the thieves memories and free roam instead of starting the mission, right? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yes, but I'd like to not have to do that because it gets tiring. Even though it doesn't take long. I'd like to just load my game up and have everything set instead of loading a memory. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I guess if it's limited to certain areas then I'd be okay with that, but it can still be quite annoying if you don't want people to bother you if you're just goofing off post-story.

CRUDFACE
10-07-2011, 04:12 PM

Yes, but I'd like to not have to do that because it gets tiring. Even though it doesn't take long. I'd like to just load my game up and have everything set instead of loading a memory. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I guess if it's limited to certain areas then I'd be okay with that, but it can still be quite annoying if you don't want people to bother you if you're just goofing off post-story. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, maybe it'll be like the Burglar, you saw him on map and even though he was around, he wasn't ALWAYS around.

LightRey
10-07-2011, 04:27 PM
Well, maybe it'll be like the Burglar, you saw him on map and even though he was around, he wasn't ALWAYS around.
I guess that maybe, if you keep moving, none will be able to get close enough to be a nuisance.

Sarari
10-07-2011, 04:39 PM
@Jexx21, they weren't hard I should say, but they weren't easy either. My point is that they were more difficult than AC2 and ACB.

@Lightrey, yea that is very true.

CRUDFACE
10-07-2011, 04:49 PM
@Jexx21, they weren't hard I should say, but they weren't easy either. My point is that they were more difficult than AC2 and ACB.

I remember the first time I saw a Templar, beat the living crap outta me.

@Lightrey: I think the first thing I'm going to do is stand still, get shanked and send every assassin I have after them.

LightRey
10-07-2011, 04:53 PM

I remember the first time I saw a Templar, beat the living crap outta me.

@Lightrey: I think the first thing I'm going to do is stand still, get shanked and send every assassin I have after them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
xD
That would be hilarious. Can't wait to do that and see the guy running for his life.

Poodle_of_Doom
10-07-2011, 05:32 PM

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gifBut that's one of the perks of being such a badass....

LightRey
10-07-2011, 05:40 PM
True, but I want to be able to goof off every once in a while.

CRUDFACE
10-07-2011, 07:50 PM

Lightrey, the laziest assassin ever!

LightRey
10-08-2011, 04:23 AM

Lightrey, the laziest assassin ever! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I'm not that lazy D:
*he said while sitting in his chair behind a pc and a TV after taking a bath, because he likes taking baths more than taking showers because you can lay down in them*

Poodle_of_Doom
10-08-2011, 10:07 AM

I'm not that lazy D:
*he said while sitting in his chair behind a pc and a TV after taking a bath, because he likes taking baths more than taking showers because you can lay down in them* </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You don't have one of them there fancy systems where you talk, and it types, do you?

LightRey
10-08-2011, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by Poodle_of_Doom:

I'm not that lazy D:
*he said while sitting in his chair behind a pc and a TV after taking a bath, because he likes taking baths more than taking showers because you can lay down in them* </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You don't have one of them there fancy systems where you talk, and it types, do you? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Nope, though if they keep updating Kinect that might change.

Calvarok
10-08-2011, 02:35 PM
Also, there will probably be areas with no stalkers, like the palace. As for just walking along, if you want to avoid them, pop some smoke when you hear them and turn on eagle vision.