PDA

View Full Version : any one using a 360 pad to play this game ?

jamieuk23
08-12-2006, 01:31 PM
If any one is Would love to no your setup as I am having trouble picking the right profile with a 360 pad.

thanks

WWMaxGunz
08-12-2006, 02:40 PM
By the time you get any kind of fine control you may find you can't respond fast enough.
It's hard enough with full size joystick but WTH if you already have the arcade pad.

Chuck_Older
08-14-2006, 03:40 PM
It's funny, because sometimes I wish I had the 30" travel of a real control stick, especially in planes like the I-16

jamieuk23
08-15-2006, 01:07 PM
so you guys use keyboard + joystick or just the joystick ??

fo me this game has the most confusing controles I have ever used

Chuck_Older
08-15-2006, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by jamieuk23:

No surpises there I think- it's a flight sim

A quick look inside a WWII era aircraft cockpit might shed light on why it seems confusing...there's a lot of controls in there!

I use a Joystick with 6 buttons and two hat switches, a throttle with two rotary switches, two buttons, a mini-joystick on the throttle handle, a rudder rocker and a four-way switch. I use every one of those functions while flying the sim, plus I still need the keyboard and I'd prefer to have rudder pedals. I can select different modes of operation for my throttle which I may actually use soon

Simulations tend to have a bit of complexity in the controls as they try to mimic the real thing http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif Real pilots would have to take a test in which they could touch every instrument and control blindfolded, while sitting in the cockpit, while an instructor called out the names of the instruments and controls. So be thankful; you've got it easy!

WWMaxGunz
08-15-2006, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by jamieuk23:

Joystick with extra buttons plus keyboard minimum.

First thing to do is REMAP your keys. Take everything you don't use or don't like and
reassign the keys in a way that makes sense to you. It takes a while yes so make a
backup of your pilot file when you are done, if you have to reload then there it is.
Worst case is you cut and paste just the key specific lines from your old file to the
new one, it will still save you time. You DO know how to use NotePad don't you?