PDA

View Full Version : more of my newbie questions: stuka landing, AI

XyZspineZyX
07-24-2003, 06:55 PM
1: It seems to me the AI aircraft have unlimited ammo. If this is true, isn't that quite unfair and shouldn't it be changed? Once I'm in a dogfight and I've lost my ammo the AI can shoot at me until my aircraft is destroyed.

2: When I was landing, the AI aircraft didn't abort the approach, and hit my tail so we both exploded. Why doesn't the AI watch out? Shouldn't that be fixed?

3: Landing the stuka. When I land it, I set my flaps to landing and have my speed to 120/140 most of the time when I hit the runway, and my aircraft leveled to the earth. Still, when I touch the ground then, my stuka sometimes (not always) makes a summersault. In object description it doesn't say anything about landing speed. How to land it correctly? I'd like to perfectionize landing for my succesfull stuka campaign (the only playable campaign imho).

4: Why does this forum have so much trouble? A lot of the time when I visit it is down.

Thanks in advance for your help.

XyZspineZyX
07-24-2003, 06:55 PM
1: It seems to me the AI aircraft have unlimited ammo. If this is true, isn't that quite unfair and shouldn't it be changed? Once I'm in a dogfight and I've lost my ammo the AI can shoot at me until my aircraft is destroyed.

2: When I was landing, the AI aircraft didn't abort the approach, and hit my tail so we both exploded. Why doesn't the AI watch out? Shouldn't that be fixed?

3: Landing the stuka. When I land it, I set my flaps to landing and have my speed to 120/140 most of the time when I hit the runway, and my aircraft leveled to the earth. Still, when I touch the ground then, my stuka sometimes (not always) makes a summersault. In object description it doesn't say anything about landing speed. How to land it correctly? I'd like to perfectionize landing for my succesfull stuka campaign (the only playable campaign imho).

4: Why does this forum have so much trouble? A lot of the time when I visit it is down.

Thanks in advance for your help.

XyZspineZyX
07-24-2003, 07:04 PM
(1) AI has limited ammo. If not, there would be no kittens left anywhere.

(2) cos you are supposed to watch out.

(3) Practice on long airfield, come in too fast, keep pulling back on stick until you slow and settle down on field. Keep practicing. You could practice by flying off map and then you have infinite landing field. Just watch out...I was taxiing Bi~1 about 50km off the Online Summer 2 map and I just sunk into the landscape. Apparently, the rivers run off to infinity too, although they are not shown beyond map. Off airfield, just don't shut off engine of Ju~87, you need official FB airfield to start engine on this plane.

(4) Forum needs a Patch.

XyZspineZyX
07-24-2003, 07:14 PM
As for (2):

Before landing make sure of 2 things:

a) Order your AI Wingmen to 'Return to Base', if you do not do this they will follow you around even at landing and will therefore crash into you.

b) Get permission to land from your Base, so that it will tell the AI wingmen to abort their approach until you have landed and cleared the runway.

As for (3):

Practice landing a lot, also be careful on the brakes, since if you apply them to strongly many planes will have the desire to flip over. Also the nose should point a little upwards during the landing and a landing speed of 170-180 km/h would also be more advisable since it gives you a better margin for error. Just before thouch-down also bring throttle to idle and as soon as you have touched the runway retract the flaps, to prevent the lift they create. If your speed is below 100 km/h you can also start to pull back on the stick to keep the Tail down.

<p align="center">http://hometown.aol.de/Deathbrng/Sigfinal.jpg</p><p align="center">'Hmmm? I wonder what the red button is for........'</p><p align="center">HL Nick = BLUE_Schnitter</p>

XyZspineZyX
07-24-2003, 07:19 PM
It always makes me laugh when peeps moan that AI aircraft have unlimited ammo! /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif I guess guys just get frustrated and leap to the forums to vent.

Cpt.LoneRanger
07-24-2003, 07:23 PM
120-140kph seems too slow for the Stuka, even with full flaps. Your rate of descend was probably to high, causing your gear to collapse.

And to the forum:

It will be fixed in 2 weeks, but that info is subject to change every 2 weeks, just as some other things /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

greets
Cpt.LoneRanger