PDA

View Full Version : LAPTOPS.... NO LAPTOPS

jewtewjew
02-06-2007, 09:39 PM
can someone explain what i should do if im running it off a laptop.... i dont see why this game wont work offf a laptop.... i got a 1.86ghz duo core processor and a 7900 gtx nvidia..... and yet i cant clock it any higher that 800X600 without laggin.... lol this is funny bc i can run any other game at highest res with no lag at all.... is this crappy game programming or do i need to download some miracle hotfix/patch/bullcrap.. please help

stalkage
02-06-2007, 10:25 PM
i got a brand spanking new pc and vegas dont run well ,,,its not your pc its the game

bjmarler1
02-07-2007, 06:27 AM
Make sure all the video options are turned to low or off, especially the shadows.

Aside from that, laptops tend to be pretty poor gaming performers.

If you could post your actual computer/laptop spec's we may be able to help you more.

jewtewjew
02-07-2007, 08:35 AM
My laptop can handle this.... i run quake 4 at highest res at a nice frames per second

i got a NVIDIA 7900 gtx in it with a 1.86 DUO CORE processor and 2 gig of ram..... should run.,...

HeXeDOSOK
02-07-2007, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by bjmarler1:
Make sure all the video options are turned to low or off, especially the shadows.

Aside from that, laptops tend to be pretty poor gaming performers.

If you could post your actual computer/laptop spec's we may be able to help you more.

this is a very incorrect statement. Typically, the ones with integrated graphics tend to be pretty poor performers, but this guy has a 7900GTX in his laptop with a Core Duo processor. Now, is the performance going to be EXACTLY like a desktop with the EXACT same specs? No.. it will probably perform "slightly" lower, but without a doubt not "poorly".

Now to get on topic, you might want to do some searching on this forum or the self help area. there was a good thread where people with Core Duo's were seeing very poor results with Vegas on a laptop. there were a few patches to apply and everyone seemed to be much better off. I wish I remember where the thread was.. but oh well.