PDA

View Full Version : Just flown my first campaign mission in FB.

XyZspineZyX
10-12-2003, 09:13 PM
Did the whole mission without autopilot flying a He-111 along with 5 others. Flew slightly behind the formation all the way to bomb some vehicle convoy.

Got there and panicked, couldn't find target so I dropped anyway (they'll never know http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif ).

Got bounced by Russian fighters, lost one 111.

Heading home, now in a tight formation at 850ft with 2 other 111's (other 2 far up the front) about 10 miles from our base the fighters catch up again and pick on one of our 3, he goes down.....

I close up with the othe 111 and they pick away at me giving me a minor fuel leak, and soon after they peel off and we do not see them again.

So now over our base we take spacing and fly our holding patterns, first one then two. I remember about my fuel leak so I ask permssion to land, which is promptly given.
I line up but end up on the runway too fast my wheels give way but I come to a halt alive and okay.....

Then, as I go to an external view to look at my mishap the fourth 111 obviously wants his schnapps and lands right on top of me killing us all!!!

Well, I suppose I shouldn't have pushed and waited my turn. Anyway this was the most fun I have had with a flight sim and can't wait to get back to the campaign. Thsi is one helluva game!!!

XyZspineZyX
10-12-2003, 09:13 PM
Did the whole mission without autopilot flying a He-111 along with 5 others. Flew slightly behind the formation all the way to bomb some vehicle convoy.

Got there and panicked, couldn't find target so I dropped anyway (they'll never know http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif ).

Got bounced by Russian fighters, lost one 111.

Heading home, now in a tight formation at 850ft with 2 other 111's (other 2 far up the front) about 10 miles from our base the fighters catch up again and pick on one of our 3, he goes down.....

I close up with the othe 111 and they pick away at me giving me a minor fuel leak, and soon after they peel off and we do not see them again.

So now over our base we take spacing and fly our holding patterns, first one then two. I remember about my fuel leak so I ask permssion to land, which is promptly given.
I line up but end up on the runway too fast my wheels give way but I come to a halt alive and okay.....

Then, as I go to an external view to look at my mishap the fourth 111 obviously wants his schnapps and lands right on top of me killing us all!!!

Well, I suppose I shouldn't have pushed and waited my turn. Anyway this was the most fun I have had with a flight sim and can't wait to get back to the campaign. Thsi is one helluva game!!!

Buzz_25th
10-12-2003, 09:18 PM
Nice going. Just a few hundred more to go../i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

You could have avoided getting killed by hitting Esp as soon as your on the ground.

btw..Now your goal is to hit something with the bombs../i/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
25th_Buzz
<center>
http://www.elknet.pl/acestory/foto1/drew2.jpg

XyZspineZyX
10-12-2003, 09:23 PM
I was just about to hit Escape but it happened so quickly!

I will have to review the training mission on the bomb sight for the He-111 because I panicked and forgot the lot.

I probably scared a few russian cows to death, filling them with shrapnel thus making them not fit to eat, depriving them of food? No, maybe not......