PDA

View Full Version : Lighten up people.

dice393
03-17-2010, 01:03 AM
Any situation is improved if you are able to laugh at it. Enjoy: http://vowe.org/this-is-drm-at-work

Also, I'm just curious, clearly hackers and Ubis both suck, but who is more responsible.

M-dahaka
03-17-2010, 03:00 AM
i vote ubi, we pay them for a product, they can't make it work, and don't tell me they didn't know they were gonna get attacked. and even if they didn't, backup servers would be nice. they just don't give a **** about us.

Xanatos2007
03-17-2010, 03:07 AM
I'd say hackers, because if there weren't any in the 1st place then Ubisoft wouldn't need to make this DRM nonsense. Then again, Ubisoft was the 1st game company to go ahead & be a complete tosser about it.

Pirates bad, Ubisoft worse, both equally unnecessary.

obliviondoll
03-17-2010, 04:17 AM
Ubisoft are at fault for not having a stable server or a failsafe for the possibility of the server going down.

The fact that the DRM and their support site appear to run off of the same server is a pretty major [insert harshest censor-triggering word you can imagine here]-up too.

Gekkibi
03-17-2010, 06:57 AM
Originally posted by Xanatos2007:
I'd say hackers, because if there weren't any in the 1st place then Ubisoft wouldn't need to make this DRM nonsense. Then again, Ubisoft was the 1st game company to go ahead & be a complete tosser about it.

Seconded, 'tho I voted for Ubisoft. They (Skript kiddies / crackers. NOT "pirates") DDoS the servers only because they dislike the idea of having internet connection during single player gaming. Rightful war, dubious weapon.

Originally posted by Xanatos2007:
Pirates bad, Ubisoft worse, both equally unnecessary.

If you mean "Hey I download everything from the Intenet just because it is free" when saying "pirates", then yes. But the ideological pirate doesn't do that. These guys want to support the creators and dislikes all evil henchmen in who leeches from the creators (Not so big issue with games, more like a problem in music industry).

Little bit off-topic, but REALLY big plus to Ubisoft when they released open beta of R.U.S.E. Thanks to it I was able to test it out (Just like sharewares back in the 90's). Now I know it isn't a game for me and don't have to... ahem... Download it illegally to quickly test it out before deciding if I want to buy it or not (Haven't done that to any game since 2007, 'tho). </offtopic> (Just wanted to say this to clarify what does the "pirates" actually do).

kleaneasy
03-17-2010, 08:01 AM
The DRM is already under discussion in several threads, please post any ongoing discussion in those threads. Thanks