PDA

View Full Version : Dope-Slap for My Tailgunner

VF51_Flatspin
03-17-2005, 10:06 AM
The other night I had nearly made an escape from the enemy after using all my tricks. After diving to the deck and flying at treetop level, I looked over my shoulder to see that the bogey had lost me and thought I might be home free. Nope, because the idiot in the back-seat decided that now was a good time to fling a bit of lead back at him...giving a nice stream of tracers to show where we were. Had I made it back to base, I would've knocked his block off for the discretion, but alas, we did not survive the day!

Latico
03-17-2005, 10:39 AM
LOL Yep, there are times when that AI gunner can be a pain in the @$$.

WB_Outlaw
03-17-2005, 11:11 AM
At least your tail gunner didn't blow you away himself. Not too long ago while flying on WC I jumped out of my burning 110 only to be center punched by the GIB. I guess I should have made sure he heard the bail out buzzer before going over the side.

-Outlaw.

SeaNorris
03-17-2005, 11:12 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally Posted By WB_Outlaw:
At least your tail gunner didn't blow you away himself. Not too long ago while flying on WC I jumped out of my burning 110 only to be center punched by the GIB. I guess I should have made sure he heard the bail out buzzer before going over the side.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL

p1ngu666
03-17-2005, 02:09 PM
ai gunners really are useless for human planes

watched a b25 top gunner fire at betty yesterday
turret facing back, betty in front of the plane...

there utterly useless

Latico
03-17-2005, 05:07 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> ai gunners really are useless for human planes <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OOOOOOOOH I don't know. Mine has save my hiney on several occasions in the SBD's and Val's.

3.JG51_BigBear
03-17-2005, 05:37 PM
I hate those rear gunners. They constantly give away my position and the minute that ridiculously bright stream of tracers goes flying you're done. It always when you're trying to be sneaky too. Maybe slip into a harbor area with a couple 1000KG bombs strapped to an HE 111. Not exactly in a great position to begin with. That's the exact moment the AI gunner decides to shoot at somebody just flying around minding their own business up until then totally oblivious to your presence. Agravating.

p1ngu666
03-17-2005, 05:50 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Latico:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> ai gunners really are useless for human planes <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OOOOOOOOH I don't know. Mine has save my hiney on several occasions in the SBD's and Val's. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

well, he was probably aiming at the guy thats 2000metres above, ahead of u, whos in the sun, or the one below and ahead... basicaly any he could never hit, nevermind SEE.

fed up of seeing gunners fire off at random, in entirely the wrong direction, at massive range. then doing jack to proper attacks...

maybe all the gunners are working for the other side http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

bolillo_loco
03-17-2005, 06:10 PM
for now AI gunners seem to have the aim bot cheat. all I do is get close to an a/c that has ai gunners and in one short burst he knocks out all my controls, kills the engine, jams all my guns, and kills the pilot. all this from one short burst, I stay well away from planes with ai gunners.

ImpStarDuece
03-17-2005, 07:23 PM
Depending on the situation I'm in I will generally switch my AI gunner off. It's easy to do. Just jump into the gunners position and hit 'A' (or whatever your autopilot button is set to). You will get a little message 'Gunner Autopilot Off' flash up on your 'floating HUD of doom' and no more gunner problems.

I like using the rear gunner as another pair of eyes, jumping into the rear seat instead of doing lazy 'esses' or tail slides. With mouse pan you can see a LOT of sky in the rear set of a SBD. Rear gunners seem to be appropriately effective in single seaters, if your stupid they will punish you. AI gunners in twins and quads are a little more effective though, you have to be smart or good or lucky to aviod them.

VF51_Flatspin
03-17-2005, 08:35 PM
It'd be nice if we could set a range for attack like setting otto in Warbirds. Like saying: hey dummkopf, don't fire if they're farther than 350 yards!

p1ngu666
03-17-2005, 10:12 PM
sometimes there effective, but countless times ive seen them fire at random...

TC_Stele
03-18-2005, 12:15 AM
I think they're good for one thing...and that is that they are AI. A lot of guys think that you will let the AI handle the rear guns while you fly because it is indeed difficult to do both.

So what I do is let the bandit come to me, bank slighlty either right or left and set the elevator trim. With that set, I jump to the rear gunner and from there the bandits just come to me. I took out 2 guys in a Val the other day by just letting loose the lead.