PDA

View Full Version : Re 1L2 1946 basic questions

Cyberfoxe
08-17-2007, 06:00 PM
Help!!! I just bought IL2 1946 and from the way the package advertised itself it appeared that this game was a "stand alone" as it included all 5 games in one. I got one disc only with a second disc which seems to have only trailers on it. I gave my original IL2, Forgotten Battles, Ace Expansion Pack and Pacific Fighters discs away to a friend, as this package says I get all 5 games in this package. I am not the "sharpest knife" in the drawer, but am I missing something here? I ran the install on disc 1, and got no shortcut icon on my desktop, and can't find the program after running the install.
Is this not a "stand alone" game??
Am I missing a disc??

Skunk_438RCAF
08-17-2007, 06:09 PM
No, you arent missing any discs. This release should be a DVD, rather than a bunch of CD's, so 1 disc is plenty.

Now, you say you cant find the install, its default installation path is c:/program files/ubisoft/il2 1946...look there.

Cyberfoxe
08-17-2007, 08:48 PM
Skunk,
Thanks for the tip!..I'll see if I can muddle through this...
cyberfoxe

RxMan
08-18-2007, 07:22 AM
There is only one install, it will install the whole thing,
(except patch 4.08m, which is a free download).

The different in install paths of this new and the old
is the UbiSoft and Ubi Soft folder names, one has a space
and the new one doesn't.

BrotherVoodoo
08-18-2007, 10:03 AM
Don't forget to check the nuggets guide from Bearcat.

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/23110283/m/9121094645

Skycat_2
08-18-2007, 12:45 PM
I got the European version of 1946 when it was released back at the beginning of the year, and I vaguely remember that I had some difficulties making it install. The process from the install menu was something like: Install Shield, progress bar, blink blink, done. Obviously that is much too quick for a DVD's worth of data. The solution (as I recall) was to explore the DVD itself and launch the proper install.exe from there.

I later picked up the US version of 1946, released several months later, for my notebook computer. It installed correctly the first time.

If you're using Vista and you haven't yet successfully installed 1946, here's some advice: change the install path so that the game is not installing to Vista's Program Files folder.