PDA

View Full Version : assassin's creed 2 DX9?

M-dahaka
09-27-2009, 05:31 PM
Hi there!
I'm terribly sorry if this got posted already, but i have searched and couldn't find anything about this, so i'm just gonna ask it here:
I've seen some people hoping that AC2 will be released with DX11 support, but my problem is: i don't have the money to purchase a high end PC. I have an OK laptop, it can run AC at full resolution, everything on high, exept shadows really slowed it down, but without shadows the game runs at a very smooth framerate. The problem is, when i tried running it on DX10, which is supported by the laptop, the game crashed. I was wondering: will AC2 still support DX9 or will i be forced to buy a newer laptop (please note that i can't buy a desktop due to me moving around alot). I don't know what type of laptop it was, since it's being fixed now due to problems with the cooler, but i know it's a toshiba sattelite pro. I tried running prototype on it when i still had it, and i was surprised it ran at a high framerate on full resolution, so i hope that might help u guys out to see if it can handle the game. Thnx in advance! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

M-dahaka
09-27-2009, 05:31 PM
Hi there!
I'm terribly sorry if this got posted already, but i have searched and couldn't find anything about this, so i'm just gonna ask it here:
I've seen some people hoping that AC2 will be released with DX11 support, but my problem is: i don't have the money to purchase a high end PC. I have an OK laptop, it can run AC at full resolution, everything on high, exept shadows really slowed it down, but without shadows the game runs at a very smooth framerate. The problem is, when i tried running it on DX10, which is supported by the laptop, the game crashed. I was wondering: will AC2 still support DX9 or will i be forced to buy a newer laptop (please note that i can't buy a desktop due to me moving around alot). I don't know what type of laptop it was, since it's being fixed now due to problems with the cooler, but i know it's a toshiba sattelite pro. I tried running prototype on it when i still had it, and i was surprised it ran at a high framerate on full resolution, so i hope that might help u guys out to see if it can handle the game. Thnx in advance! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

caswallawn_2k7
09-27-2009, 05:34 PM
no game will drop DX9 support any time soon there are still way too many people with Windows XP stopping DX10 becoming the standard, DX9 wont be dropped from games until microsoft drops support for XP.

M-dahaka
09-28-2009, 04:00 AM
that's great news for me! thnx for the quick response! it's still a bit of a mystery if the laptop can run it though, but i guess i'll find out in 5 months... still, i was able to run the game at full details and such at a nice framerate, and AC2 still uses the same engine, so i'm hoping it would be ok. thnx again!