PDA

View Full Version : realistic fuel use

pete9893
04-20-2005, 06:24 PM
I feel the game is missing this in the realism feature , you should have to monitor our fuel use to make sure you have enough for the trip home and not be able to hit esc and return to base, maybe the nav officer could tell you when you have reached the half way point and need to return to base. what do you think http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

Johnny_JG2
04-20-2005, 06:31 PM
Well, you can ask the navigator how far you can travel at your current speed setting, and compare that to your round trip distance that you plotted out. From then on, you just transit at that speed setting you asked for.

Also, it isn't hard to ask the CE to report how much fuel you have. The gages pop up and show you exactly how much you have left. You can also look at them in the control room.

Johnny_JG2
04-20-2005, 06:33 PM
Oh yeah, btw - the CE DOES tell you when you have half fuel left!

He tells you when you are at 75%, 50%, and 25%.

Teddy Bar
04-20-2005, 06:56 PM
It might be your realism settings or patch 1.2 as if I try that I get a rediculous 'killed' end of career occurance.

HeibgesU999
04-20-2005, 08:08 PM
If you have willpower, this is an easily avoided issue.

MouseNo47
04-20-2005, 08:25 PM
Personally i beleive there should be a big renown hit for pressing esc and ending the patrol right next to enemies in the atlantic that you simply dont have anymore ammo to shoot.

jhelix70
04-21-2005, 09:31 AM
I liked the system in shI, where at the beginning of a patrol you were automaticaly placed in your assigned patrol area (with an appropriate amount of diesel fuel subtracted), and you also had the esc/return to base function to end the patrol. Not realistic, but saves the boring part of navigating to and from base. Of course in sh1 you were in american subs with a rather long range, so I always ran out of torps/shells before fuel.

jtc120880
04-21-2005, 07:12 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MouseNo47:
Personally i beleive there should be a big renown hit for pressing esc and ending the patrol right next to enemies in the atlantic that you simply dont have anymore ammo to shoot. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

well it isn't huge, and it's not so much a hit, per se, but you do get renown for returning to port, which I don't believe is applied if you use the esc route. So there is a reward for actually sailing back to port.

But, i"m not 100% on whether it's awarded regardless. I would think it is, otherwise the only reason you wouldn't get it is if you die, so it would become pointless to have.

Someone would need to save their game, and then end a patrol at sea, then load and sail back to dock at port and then see if there's a difference to make sure.