PDA

View Full Version : Battleships

blastomatic1759
05-16-2006, 09:16 AM
im guessing these things have to blow up to be counted as sunk . i blasted a revenge in scapa flow , the thing sank down to the bottom , but was still visible above the waterline. and i didnt even get credited. i ended up re-starting the campaing due to an anger management issue.

blastomatic1759
05-16-2006, 09:16 AM
im guessing these things have to blow up to be counted as sunk . i blasted a revenge in scapa flow , the thing sank down to the bottom , but was still visible above the waterline. and i didnt even get credited. i ended up re-starting the campaing due to an anger management issue.

Celeon999
05-16-2006, 09:49 AM
Did you get the obligatory "Target destroyed" report ?

VikingGrandad
05-16-2006, 10:13 AM
This is a bug with the way that targets are counted as destroyed (I think they have to go under and/or explode a lot) I had this problem when I tried to sink a tanker in Carribean. It sank but there was no ackowledgement, I kept hitting it with torps until until I got the message it was sunk. It didn't actually sink any lower or disappear though.

Did you try hitting the battleship with more torps?

blastomatic1759
05-16-2006, 06:10 PM
i never got a message , and i only fired two fish into it which was enough to send it to the bottom. it doesnt get anymore on the bottom than the hull digging in the mud. im cruising in "The Putt Putt" a type II , so i was low on fish when i got there. i guess their definition of sunk is different from mine. next time im going to see if i can put the putt putt on the deck , it was sitting low enough in the water. at least ill be eye level with the bridge if im on the deck , maybe i can pop a window or two with the pellet gun they gave me for an AA gun. ill be sure and take shots if i can get it up there. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif