PDA

View Full Version : Dear sirs, help me out

Ronkakonka
07-13-2011, 10:12 AM
I know this is a very common issue and have seen several different threads about it... yes you guessed right, it is the famous "The ubisoft server is not available at this time. Please try again later."

The thing is that I have been able to play just fine for a couple of days but as of yesterday, I cant.... I have tried every solution there is on this forum but nothing will help... so im doomed right? HEEEEEELP

Mr_Shade
07-13-2011, 10:18 AM
It's very odd that it just started.... the issues people normally have is they are never able to connect..

It's possible that a firmware update to your router may have happened - in the UK [for example] its common for ISP's to puch them OTA [over the air] - so you don't always know it's happened..

This can reset certain settings, such as port forwarding...

However it's odd you can't re enable them and the game works?

I would contact support and double check to see if there is any server issue - and also your own ISP - since it can sometimes be affected by work they do..

Ronkakonka
07-13-2011, 10:27 AM
Yes it is very odd. One thing though, my internet connection is not entirely functional here, sometimes it goes offline for a short duration. This occured yesterday, but I could still join and play games when my internet came back...

This happens now and then while I play other games to, but I can always join after some time again, but not Assassins Creed. I just cant seem to get it to work...

I will contact support, and give that a shot. My ISP has nothing to do with my router btw =) (im from Sweden). However, if somebody has a solution please shout out to me.

Mr_Shade
07-13-2011, 10:33 AM
It could still be ISP related - even if you manage your router - odd your connection has been dropping?

They could be doing maintenance on the line /connection - which can affect games - as you have noticed..

Or if you configured the router yourself, it could be something to do with the setup.

So I would give them a quick call to verify your connection and settings, or check the status page if they have one http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Ronkakonka
07-13-2011, 02:20 PM
*UPDATE*

Ok, so I have made some progress. I wired my computer directly to the modem, and lo and behold it worked. Ergo, my router has decided not to let me play ACB and I dont know why because I havent done anything to it, it has not been updated or anything like that...

Luckily I have another router in my other apartment and I will bring it here over the weekend and see if I can make it work. (Yes, UPnP and NAT is open on my current router, as is the needed ports).

ps.

Mr_Shade, I have been in contact with my ISP and there is nothing wrong with my connection they say.

johnsmith145
07-13-2011, 06:37 PM
Did you use to play with an offline server? (Illegal)

In that case delete the contents of the hosts file. I fyou had an offline server, you kno where the hosts file is.

Ronkakonka
07-14-2011, 03:22 AM
Um no.... I have not played on an illegal server, but I have deleted my host files anyways.