PDA

View Full Version : Best of two stun-scenarios

Assassinsyk
02-17-2011, 05:06 AM
Pop quiz:

You´re standing in a blend, with you back towards an obvious pursuer creeping up on you. you have one twin next to you. what do you do? WHAT DO YOU DOOO?

A: Lock on, waaait for it... SPAM STUN!
B: Waaaaait for it... RUN STUN!
3: Lock on, RUN STUN!
D: RUN STUN!

Smoke on cooldown and no escape route etc. Remember: back towards him. Whats fastest/safest, to lock and stun without turning or turning first?

Just can never decide on what feels best.

STYJ
02-17-2011, 05:11 AM
Smoke on cooldown and no escape route etc. Remember: back towards him. Whats fastest/safest, to lock and stun without turning or turning first?

B for me . Wait till he comes close enough . Make sure he's within the assassination range before you start running otherwise he'll have enough time to react . This only works if he hasn't spotted you yet . If he has a locked on you , there's no way you can stun him .

Otherwise , just pray that he targets the wrong one .

Assassinsyk
02-17-2011, 05:26 AM
WITHIN range, you say? This is counter-intuitive for me, but come to think of it, of course!

I always pray, and even if he does kill my bro, you wanna go for the lure-stun. A lot of times I´m not fast enough so whats the shortest road to stun, or the biggest range? When back turned or facing?

obliviondoll
02-17-2011, 05:40 AM
E.

Definitely E.

Also, did you notice A,B,3,D (No C?)

Assassinsyk
02-17-2011, 05:43 AM
Originally posted by obliviondoll:
E.

Definitely E.

Also, did you notice A,B,3,D (No C?)

E= all of the above?

Yeah, It started as an error, then I thought it was quite funny so i let it be.

obliviondoll
02-17-2011, 05:46 AM
E is wait until I can judge who he's going after.

Me or the other guy.

I thought you'd done it deliberately because, well... 3D...

BeCk41
02-17-2011, 05:50 AM
3= error, but a funny error! Also dude, you just stay there and hope they don't see you! That's what I always do & it works 65% of the time! ? I know 65% isn't good but I NEVER give myself away if it isn't completely necessary! I also went with E. which isn't listed because everyone knows at this moment to use DECOY, but if you didn't have it then yeah I would just stand the stillest you can. : )

SolidSage
02-17-2011, 11:00 AM
Just run. Hit the chase breakers and wait for cooldowns or a better naked opportunity. There's ALWAYS an escape route.

I don't like to risk death at all, if you couldn't tell.

If I had to, for the sake of argument, I would like to wait for him to assassinate the wrong guy, but if he looked like he was sizing up an ability, like charge, I would have to waiiiitttttRUNSTUN and hope for the best, try to hit him from the side, full frontal almost always=FAIL.

E-Zekiel
02-17-2011, 11:25 AM
If I don't think I can run and successfully escape I will just lock on them and spam the stun button. Works about 66% of the time.

IIPok3rFaceII
02-17-2011, 12:14 PM
run run run die ><

Assassinsyk
02-19-2011, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by SolidSage:
Just run. Hit the chase breakers and wait for cooldowns or a better naked opportunity. There's ALWAYS an escape route.

I don't like to risk death at all, if you couldn't tell.

If I had to, for the sake of argument, I would like to wait for him to assassinate the wrong guy, but if he looked like he was sizing up an ability, like charge, I would have to waiiiitttttRUNSTUN and hope for the best, try to hit him from the side, full frontal almost always=FAIL.

for the sake of argument, there are alot of situations where its safer to stay. Maybe 2 or even 3 twins in your group or 3 pursuers after you, giving you good odds for lure and better chance of running into another pursuers blade. but from the side is a good tips, i try to get from back (if not just standing still and spamming stun), and if theyre any good theyll throw me over their back. feels better to try than to die doing nothing, though.

Interesting that everyone has different preferences to this, seems there is no "best way".

Specter_Xvii
02-19-2011, 11:11 PM
Probably 3 but I would feign as if I where running away (forcing my pursuer to hold their sprint buttons) then turn back and deck them in the face (Learned that from Astlan) :3