PDA

View Full Version : camera angles

cdrichei
03-31-2011, 12:16 AM
Is there a way to make the camera go past 180 degrees? I'm getting tired of the restrictions that the consoles don't seem to have (judging from some of the walk throughs on youtube). on the consoles, you can freely move the camera around, yet on the pc, you can't go past 180, and since the camera angle seems to dictate the control directions, i keep messing up.

Thinking i'm going to be jumping to the left, i end up going rigt at some odd angle because the camera is facing the wrong direction. I try to put the camera so that i'm facing, but it won't let me move it that far. I gave up on getting the last seal in ac2 because of this crap.

Wouldn't be so bad if there were manual save points, but some jack-*** thought it wasn't a good idea or something.

AJ_Rimmer_Bsc
03-31-2011, 02:12 AM
its been a complaint since day 1.

you just know the minute that camera swings to some daft angle and you lose all control over it,your in for a stressful time.

and it always picks the worst moment to swing.

its not an accident either,someone at ubisoft is one sick twisted individual who knows what it does to the gamer.
and has known for years,but they still allow him/her to get thier jollys by leaving it in every game of AC.

its a fun time right up till that camera decides to reverse your controls and obscure view or just twist the rules to make you fail and have to restart.

ps..and you know no pc user can ever get a 100% sync because of this one thing.
those 8 minute dungeons are a case in point,you have to do a perfect run,leaving chests and flags,but the minute that camera swings,you know theres no point.

and yes,i know a few are now going to say they got the 100% easily,but we all know they are lying http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

cdrichei
03-31-2011, 02:22 AM
I managed to get past that, though i'm not sure which is more fustrating - having to consantly jump and miss, or sit through hours of credits because they can't be skipped.

why they feel they have to name every damn person who even remotely worked on the game in every god damn country is beyond me. its enough to make you leave the room for the hour or so of credits.

Now i'm stuck chasing down some cardinal. can't jump backwards because hitting down makes you crawl down a notch even though i have the jump button pressed. i tred it from an angle, but that failed miserably too.

Crumplecorn
03-31-2011, 02:40 AM
I've been playing multiplayer on PC, and I haven't noticed it controlling any differently from console?

cdrichei
03-31-2011, 03:08 AM
i haven't even tried multiplayer yet, and from what i've been reading on other forums, i don't think i will any time soon.

VonHenry
03-31-2011, 04:41 AM
Originally posted by Crumplecorn:
I've been playing multiplayer on PC, and I haven't noticed it controlling any differently from console?

Using Mouse and Keyboard?? I call shenanigans.
You answered a question for me on these forums that the camera in MP was working as intended....and that's fine, but if that's true in SP, then the PC port of this game sucks when played with Key+mouse. Bordering unplayable. I've played with sensitivity and resolution and FINALLY got something that wasn't awful, but it's far from good.

Guess I'll look into a Logitech Rumblepad or something.

Crumplecorn
03-31-2011, 05:20 AM
Originally posted by VonHenry:
Using Mouse and Keyboard?? lolno

But as far as I know, the mouse just emulates the function of the right stick?

AJ_Rimmer_Bsc
03-31-2011, 06:57 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by VonHenry:

But as far as I know, the mouse just emulates the function of the right stick? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what it emulates is a politicians promise.

VonHenry
03-31-2011, 06:57 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by VonHenry:

But as far as I know, the mouse just emulates the function of the right stick? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think so. All I know is that in MP I have no issues, other than not liking the fact that "W" is 'north' and 'north' is dependent on where the camera (mouse control) is facing. Oh well, I'll deal. At least in MP everything is pretty smooth and flowing.

The SP game is like I'm playing at 15FPS, when I'm actually closer to 45+. Camera is just awful.

May I ask, Crumplecorn, what controller you're using, and can you re-map the buttons? (I tried my buddy's wireless X360, but hated default button layout, and couldn't see how to change it, though I didn't google or anything.)

(Sorry for thread hi-jack)

Crumplecorn
03-31-2011, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by VonHenry:
May I ask, Crumplecorn, what controller you're using, and can you re-map the buttons? (I tried my buddy's wireless X360, but hated default button layout, and couldn't see how to change it, though I didn't google or anything.)

(Sorry for thread hi-jack) I haven't tried SP on PC, and won't be, so I can't comment on that.

I'm using the Dual Shock off my PlayStation as my PC controller, and the game itself will allow you to remap the controls for any controller except the XBox one.

VonHenry
03-31-2011, 08:20 AM

(Sorry for thread hi-jack) I haven't tried SP on PC, and won't be, so I can't comment on that.

I'm using the Dual Shock off my PlayStation as my PC controller, and the game itself will allow you to remap the controls for any controller except the XBox one. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks so much!

cdrichei
03-31-2011, 08:30 AM
i dont' know about mp, as i haven't tried it yet, but on single player, i get between 40-110fps depending on the map location. that's with everything maxed out. averaged around 60fps.

The game is perfectly playable. There's no real problem until i try to jump backwards.

ace3001
03-31-2011, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by AJ_Rimmer_Bsc:

ps..and you know no pc user can ever get a 100% sync because of this one thing.
those 8 minute dungeons are a case in point,you have to do a perfect run,leaving chests and flags,but the minute that camera swings,you know theres no point.

and yes,i know a few are now going to say they got the 100% easily,but we all know they are lying http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif I somehow miraculously managed to get 100% synch on the last lair, where you chase that damned cardinal. Other than that, I never got any 8 minute memories on time.

cdrichei
03-31-2011, 11:08 AM
100% syncs are not hard to get on the pc. most of them are kill someone with a hidden blade or don't swim. The timed ones are a tad harder, but not impossible.

I'm on that mission now, but i always loose him when he goes up. I can't make the jump backwards onto the platform.

ace3001
03-31-2011, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by cdrichei:
100% syncs are not hard to get on the pc. most of them are kill someone with a hidden blade or don't swim. The timed ones are a tad harder, but not impossible.

I'm on that mission now, but i always loose him when he goes up. I can't make the jump backwards onto the platform. Yeah, not hard on other ones. But I too was referring to the 8 minute timed ones. Damn near impossible.
Hmm... That mission was pretty easy for me. Got 100% synch on first try miraculously. I use mouse+keyboard. What do you use? And at around what part are you losing him?

cdrichei
03-31-2011, 02:22 PM
Mouse and keyboard. I loose him on the first chase, where you start off in the church and chase him into the side room where he cuts the cord on the lift. It has those 2 platforms suspended from the ceiling. I can't move the camera so that i can jump backwards to get onto the first platform.

kylebisme
03-31-2011, 02:52 PM
...the game itself will allow you to remap the controls for any controller except the XBox one.
Not true, it won't let me remap the controls for my Wiimote either. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

twistedfates
12-18-2011, 02:06 PM
It has been a problem with the PC since AC2. I wonder if Ibisoft has any QA attemping the jump backwards. It has taken me more than an hour in Hagia Sophia and I can't make a simple backwards jump. It is just luck that I make it sometimes. Most of the time I fall to my death. For any future versions if you're going to make it for PC, please fix that. Something as simple like that to be made so frustrating just makes me real ****ed.

value_zero
12-18-2011, 02:12 PM
Thats what i was about to say, AC2 had no such problems with the camera, i assume with the next series the game's camera is like that on purpose, ezio gets old, and the camera is crappy, and the camera is the part of the free run, same goes for the combat, you cant really deflect attacks as before.

cdrichei
12-18-2011, 03:46 PM
All of the versions have had the same issues with the camera control, though revalations isn't nearly as bad, the outside worlds seem to free moving, but there's those book missions where you're moving through underground caverans where you can't control the camera at all.

value_zero
12-18-2011, 03:50 PM
Those are a bit challenging, since you must control ezio depending on the situation that is currently on.

TB_Jaybird
12-18-2011, 08:26 PM
Dont change the angle.

If the game puts you in that state where the camera control is momentarily taken away from you and it looks like a cut scene is about to take place leave it that way and just jump in the direction you want to. But instead of jumping forward with the W key use the D key instead.

Yes, some play with keyboard and not a controller. I think i can turn my view around faster with the mouse/keyboard combo then with a controller.

Trust me.

"The one that got away" (ACB) is a good example of the game taking the camera control and your means to move around away from you.

Leave it as it is and adjust accordingly. Hopefully this makes sense to you.