PDA

View Full Version : KI-44



ojcar1971
05-25-2006, 08:53 AM
Is there any possibility to have a KI-44 (3º party I supposse) in the future?
Is a very good plane to play in the new Burma map and so for intercepting B-29s over Japan (a sort of "poor man's Fw 190"). I know is difficult, because BoB is getting nearly all the effort, but I hope 3º party will continue developping this game (you know, BoB is a beast of a game and new computers are expensive).
I think is a pity not to have all the planes people are working about. Oleg, pleeeeeasssse!!!

RegRag1977
05-25-2006, 10:01 AM
Yes, we need the Shoki!

We need more japanese A/C, i'm with you, mate! As a matter of fact we need this one, after all isn't this game called pacific fighters...
It would definitely be cool to have Ki44 along with N1K2!

Regards!

Man, i can't believe that no one wants this one...
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g308/RegRag1977/ki44wallpapertd_1large.jpg

LEBillfish
05-25-2006, 10:18 AM
Everyone wants it....there have been many threads on it. Unfortunately I "believe" due to lack of data on the interior of the right side of the cockpit they discounted it and worked on other things......Now it's too late http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

Wingstrut_1
05-25-2006, 10:40 AM
Feed me.

Stigler_9_JG52
05-25-2006, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by LEBillfish:
Everyone wants it....there have been many threads on it. Unfortunately I "believe" due to lack of data on the interior of the right side of the cockpit they discounted it and worked on other things......Now it's too late http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

Lack of data...? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif Yeah, right, standard excuse #1. It's bullsh*t.

Any of us could, within 5 minutes go to ebay, do a search for Ki-44 and on most days, you'd find Zeroman selling a copy of Maru Mechanic which would have a detailed illustration of the Ki-44 cockpit, plus information on how all the stuff worked.
Here, I just did it for you in less than 30 seconds... (http://cgi.ebay.com/Book-Maru-Mechanic-44-Ki-44-Shoki_W0QQitemZ6059964664QQcategoryZ1191QQssPageNa meZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

And, of course, this says nothing about the idea that it matters not a whit if a cockpit can't be faithfully recreated down to "metal bushing #395 on the port side, under the altimeter". It didn't prevent Oleg's team from having the wrong shape of the canopy front on the entire Yak9 series.

This is one big boondoggle that people eat up time and again. Hey, look, we understand that it takes a lot of effort for them to create an aircraft, and to get data for the flight model (which they usually screw up anyway). But the least they can do is dispense with the weak excuses.

LEBillfish
05-25-2006, 11:40 AM
yawns....... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Brain32
05-25-2006, 11:49 AM
Well if I'm not mistaken one guy said he will do it, started the work and gave up, nobody took over the job, deadline for submiting models for FB aproached and passed and that's it...

VW-IceFire
05-25-2006, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by Brain32:
Well if I'm not mistaken one guy said he will do it, started the work and gave up, nobody took over the job, deadline for submiting models for FB aproached and passed and that's it...
Yep I think thats mostly to blame for it. Ki-44 is a neat plane...I'd welcome it.

ojcar1971
05-26-2006, 08:59 AM
I think there is a possibility, but only if FB continues its developpment after BoB (3º party).
I think FB and BoB can coexist, because there is people not capable of buy the monster computer BoB will need. For these people, FB would continue to expand.
And...there is a Ki-44 on CFS2. I think is possible to make one for us. Come on, boys, is a very cool plane. Or you prefere to fight Spitfire VIII in Burma in our aging Ki-43? (I like a lot Ki-43, but....)

csThor
05-26-2006, 09:16 AM
I doubt FB/PF will see any development worth noticing once BoB comes out. Maddox Games will certainly not invest any further ressources in a commercially dead project and the external guys who are allowed to work with the basic engine (Team Gennadich) are busy with their own WW1 Flightsim. I don't think there will be much more for this game - it has had a long and rich life, but it's already very close to its end of life (development wise).

LuftWulf190
06-04-2006, 06:59 PM
I have asked for this AC before. Its disapointing to not see it here. We have the A6M series, a Ki-61 set, a Ki-100, the Ki-84 series, a Ki-43 set, and a J2M3, as flyable. IMOP for Pacific Fighters, this is a pathetic showing of Japanese fighters. The N1K Georges are AI flown as of now, and the Ki-44 is not even represented, and it was designed to be a deffensive fighter for Japan!

Unfortunatly we won't be seeing the Tojo here I'm afraid, which is a shame, I would have enjoyed flying the hot little fighter.

Now in CFS2, for those of you who have it, has a very nice and complete set of Ki-44-I, and -II Tojos.

VW-IceFire
06-04-2006, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by LuftWulf190:
I have asked for this AC before. Its disapointing to not see it here. We have the A6M series, a Ki-61 set, a Ki-100, the Ki-84 series, a Ki-43 set, and a J2M3, as flyable. IMOP for Pacific Fighters, this is a pathetic showing of Japanese fighters. The N1K Georges are AI flown as of now, and the Ki-44 is not even represented, and it was designed to be a deffensive fighter for Japan!

Unfortunatly we won't be seeing the Tojo here I'm afraid, which is a shame, I would have enjoyed flying the hot little fighter.

Now in CFS2, for those of you who have it, has a very nice and complete set of Ki-44-I, and -II Tojos.
How do you justify pathetic?

The Ki-44 is noticeably absent, however, the major types of Japanese fightrs (the Ki-44 is not - unless you count in the CBI theater) are represented. As you say, the Ki-43, Ki-61, Ki-84, A6M, and to lesser extents the Ki-100 and N1K are the majort Japanese fighter types.

What is missing in terms of Japanese planes is not the fighters but the other types such as the Sally (coming AI)), the Ki-45 Nick (absent), D4Y Judy, B6N Jill (coming AI).

The next addon gives us the Sally (AI) and the Nate (flayble), the B6N Jill (AI), and they even add the Ki-43-II and the N1K-2J both as flyable. SO its not pathetic...thats a gross mistatement in my opinion. They aren't missing much of anything as fighters go.

The Ki-44 was not used in the theaters that are best known in the history books. It had a limited showing over Japan and a relatively decent role in the CBI...but not over the Pacific. In the Pacific it was felt that the Ki-43 and later the Ki-61 were best suited to take on the Americans. Its been said several times that the Ki-44 should have been what they sent to New Guinea to combat the P-38 (which it had at least a small chance against the P-38F).

Interesting plane...I'm all for its inclusion but I've never seen anything more than requests for it. Not a major fighter in the IJAAF but an interesting one nonetheless.

LuftWulf190
06-04-2006, 07:59 PM
Maybe I did over step my bounds, being alittle over zealous. Yet I still kind of scratch my head at the lack of the aircraft in the sim, and other types as well when other Nations are more or less well represented.


But the time for new models has come any gone, so might as well as enjoy what we do have.

VW-IceFire
06-04-2006, 08:40 PM
We do have 160 aircraft to fly http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Its not like we're starved for planes. Yes some are missing (some notable carrier attack aircraft that I miss) but its a pretty good collection. I still haven't made a campaign about each aircraft yet so there is time http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

LuftWulf190
06-05-2006, 12:14 AM
RegRag, thanks for the Ki-44 pic, Its now my new desktop image.

RegRag1977
06-05-2006, 11:20 AM
You're welcome mate!
No need to thank me, just thank Thierry Dekker; the artist who has made it...
LuftWulf190, since you seem to be, like myself a FW190 fan, you'll probably like this one
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g308/RegRag1977/dekkerwallpaper.jpg

Sorry guys, if it's a bit off topic.

Capt._Tenneal
06-05-2006, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by VW-IceFire:
We do have 160 aircraft to fly http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Its not like we're starved for planes. Yes some are missing (some notable carrier attack aircraft that I miss) but its a pretty good collection. I still haven't made a campaign about each aircraft yet so there is time http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

A campaign about each aircraft !? W00t, Icefire, if you do undertake this it would be sweet ! An Icefire epic. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

VW-IceFire
06-05-2006, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by Capt._Tenneal:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by VW-IceFire:
We do have 160 aircraft to fly http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Its not like we're starved for planes. Yes some are missing (some notable carrier attack aircraft that I miss) but its a pretty good collection. I still haven't made a campaign about each aircraft yet so there is time http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

A campaign about each aircraft !? W00t, Icefire, if you do undertake this it would be sweet ! An Icefire epic. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I'm sure the sun will explode before I would ever finish that. I do campaigns in a sort of haphazard...wherever my heart will take me sort of way. I have plans for a Hellcat, Spitfire, Corsair, Winter War/Continuation War, Mustang, and so on campaign. I like to do whatever interests me at the moment. With my current Tempest extravaganza halfway completed I think I'm in good shape to tackle some other types in the near future.

LuftWulf190
06-05-2006, 11:29 PM
RegRag, that is awesome Stuff! If only he had done a Dora, I'd be in love! I think he has also done a A6M Zero as well.

RegRag1977
06-06-2006, 07:22 AM
Right!
If you're intersted he also did a beautiful J2M3.
I wont post them here (too off topic and takes too much place), if you're interested, just let me know an E address where i can send them to You...

WWMaxGunz
06-06-2006, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by csThor:
I doubt FB/PF will see any development worth noticing once BoB comes out. Maddox Games will certainly not invest any further ressources in a commercially dead project and the external guys who are allowed to work with the basic engine (Team Gennadich) are busy with their own WW1 Flightsim. I don't think there will be much more for this game - it has had a long and rich life, but it's already very close to its end of life (development wise).

See where GT goes and does. IL2 engine games may have a very long line if they can continue
selling to people with less than SOW capable PC's as well as the better ones. Maybe in the
time of GT they will hire others and expand production as long as people will buy.

There is one console game with IL2 inside but I don't know how it has done in market, the
review on G4 channel went down over the ground detail, the ground was mottled in dull colors
and the blend in pixels looks poor compared to other console titles. When resolution (from
real) is lost you have to simplify and contrast to make up.

Vision does not blur so much as pixellation without viewing well into haze. Brain and eye coordinate on moving objects and identifying those; when you see a deer in the woods and
see it is a deer that first instant the deer becomes easier to make out details for you.

To take care of that there still may be money to tap from consoles. At least they play
the same, no 50 flavors of videocard alone. But will they run a full HOTAS? XBox maybe?

Same should be with planes in view, once found and identified they should be harder to
lose and not blip out invisible just while you are closing near to shooting range in BnZ.
If anything takes it for me it will be a better view system in SOW as to differentiating
planes from ground below as well as head movement. The LOD's *really* need work, if the
new collection DVD had those alone I'd have no choice but to buy it just for that.

GT will have a new 3D system for the WWI sim, announced awhile back already at SimHQ.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm. Maybe IL2 addons should not be counted out in future.

PBNA-Boosher
06-06-2006, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by LuftWulf190:
I still kind of scratch my head at the lack of the aircraft in the sim...

You've got to be kidding me, right?

ojcar1971
06-12-2006, 08:40 AM
Yes, I know, there is not enought data about Ki 44 cockpit. I supposse that there are plenty of data about the new german planes of VVS 46 add on http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif
I like ALL the planes and add ons and I'll buy it, but it's a pity that we will not have CW-21, Avia, Fokker XXI, and a lot of maps, only because there is no time. I know Ubi and Maddox want to sell the new project. I say that BOTH sims can coexist. A license to a 3º party can also make money for Ubi and Maddox, and can bring new life for people that can't buy a new mega-monster-HAL 9000 computer to run BoB

MM-Zorin
06-12-2006, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by ojcar1971:
Yes, I know, there is not enought data about Ki 44 cockpit. I supposse that there are plenty of data about the new german planes of VVS 46 add on http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif


I do believe so, but the american and russian governments still treat those data strictly confidential.