PDA

View Full Version : Type XXI problems/bugs

gabriel_cd
06-29-2005, 07:02 PM
I have to confess that I am not far enough into my career to have access to the XXI. However, and with much concern, I have seen many complaints about the XXI.

Could you guys please post your observations regarding the XXI in this thread?

If enough people contribute then maybe one of the helpful forum admins will pass the concerns on to the devs. They've fixed a lot of things in the latest patch, so maybe the XXI problems can be addressed in the next patch...

The XXI was the jewel of the U-Bootwaffe and many of us have been saving precious renown looking forward to the day we will be given command of one. It would be very disappointing if it is broken...

gabriel_cd
06-29-2005, 07:02 PM
I have to confess that I am not far enough into my career to have access to the XXI. However, and with much concern, I have seen many complaints about the XXI.

Could you guys please post your observations regarding the XXI in this thread?

If enough people contribute then maybe one of the helpful forum admins will pass the concerns on to the devs. They've fixed a lot of things in the latest patch, so maybe the XXI problems can be addressed in the next patch...

The XXI was the jewel of the U-Bootwaffe and many of us have been saving precious renown looking forward to the day we will be given command of one. It would be very disappointing if it is broken...

quillan
06-29-2005, 07:46 PM
I'd tell you to do a search, but I'm not sure they ever fixed that function, and it may be worthless. There are only two real problems with the XXI, One is that the batteries don't recharge. The recharge rate starts slowing down at roughly 84%, and never gets above roughly 95%. While you can still manually switch from recharge mode to standard propulsion, you have to remember to do that. The other problems is the reload rate. The XXI is supposed to be able to load all tubes simulaneously, taking about the same time to do a full 6-tube reload as one of the other boats would spend reloading a single tube. That doesn't work; reloading in the XXI is identical to reloading in a II/VII/IX.

Aside from that, there is some question about the implementation of the Nibelung sonar. While you can use it to determine range (and even fire blindly from up to 50 meters depth if you input all the data manually), the game doesn't have any means of gathering the information built into it other than the periscope view. You cannot identify targets without visuals. You have to plot courses to figure out AOB, time the target to calculate speed, measure range on the map, and all of that is difficult and time consuming.

Hairback357
06-30-2005, 02:58 AM
The reload for the XXI works or at least it did for me. The biggest problem is not the batteries it's the radar warning receiver is broken. It's not a deal breaker though cause even with the bugs the XXI is a seriously big improvement over anything before it. It will sink ship after ship until it runs out of torps. I personally liked it a whole lot. The only thing I was disappointed in is the AA guns are not as effective as the IXC fully decked out. My IXC would just pummel planes.