PDA

View Full Version : AC3 Equipment, abilities...etc

CRUDFACE
03-16-2011, 06:22 PM
Okay, so we know the horrible truth of playing in modern times. There won't be bales of hail just parked outside for convinient use. Unless every mission in AC3 happens in an actual farm. The horses will give way to cars and people will...probably still stop and stair as you climb up the walls.

So what do you think should be in the series when it reaches our time? Abilities, equipment, or otherwise.

Personally, I think these are pretty cool:

-The clear suits that Adam and eve used. They can be pieces of Eden found in Africa that allow the user to cling toanything it touches upon a neural interface. They can be part of a series of siuts found. Think along the lines of POE #12-1 to show that it's the twelth piece of Eden, but has more than one.

-Assassin outfit doubles as a speciallized wingsuit (or squirrel suit...let's call it the eagle or somethign bird related) so we can still jump off of stuff all the time. Plus, it'll combine with the purpose of the parachute.

-Gene Recall. When need be, Desmond can flash back to the voice of an ancestor to see how to perform a move or help him see what they did in order to know what to do next. Kind of like a mission giver and tutorial

-Keep the slightly modern equipment Ezio was using. Hidden Blade(obviously), gun, poison and dart attachment. I'm thinking a crossbow is easier to use. Because you'd hear the sound of a rifle going off, they're silent and don't have any sort of residue...I think. Makes it harder to trace. Plus, Desmond already knows how to use one through the bleeding effect.

And finally, I ask the developers that Desmond or whoever we use should EARN these instead of buying them. Thnk back to AC-1 where you could earn your abilitieis and equipment together. The POE skin suits could be during a mission where Desmond looks through his memories and finds where they were hidden.

The economic system in both AC-2 and ACB both were easily flawed and annoying. ACB was more tedious collection while both made you a millionair in minutes. Especially if you didn't buy armor.

Rakudaton
03-17-2011, 10:48 AM
[QUOTE]And finally, I ask the developers that Desmond or whoever we use should EARN these instead of buying them. Thnk back to AC-1 where you could earn your abilitieis and equipment together. The POE skin suits could be during a mission where Desmond looks through his memories and finds where they were hidden.[QUOTE]

I sort of agree, though I think shops were a good step forward in AC2. Here's an idea I had a long time ago. Suppose you want to gain access to the squirrel suit (something I thought would be pretty cool too) -- here's what you do. By getting 100% synch in ancestor memories, Desmond earns "DNA points". You then open up the Bleeding Effect tab, which acts like a shop for abilities. You select the "Eagle Suit" ability and buy it in exchange for the DNA points. But before you can use it, you have to play through an additional memory which consists of the ancestor using the Eagle Suit. When you complete the memory, the bleeding effect lets Desmond use that new ability.

Just an idea which I though could work well.

CRUDFACE
03-17-2011, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by Rakudaton:
[QUOTE]And finally, I ask the developers that Desmond or whoever we use should EARN these instead of buying them. Thnk back to AC-1 where you could earn your abilitieis and equipment together. The POE skin suits could be during a mission where Desmond looks through his memories and finds where they were hidden.[QUOTE]

I sort of agree, though I think shops were a good step forward in AC2. Here's an idea I had a long time ago. Suppose you want to gain access to the squirrel suit (something I thought would be pretty cool too) -- here's what you do. By getting 100% synch in ancestor memories, Desmond earns "DNA points". You then open up the Bleeding Effect tab, which acts like a shop for abilities. You select the "Eagle Suit" ability and buy it in exchange for the DNA points. But before you can use it, you have to play through an additional memory which consists of the ancestor using the Eagle Suit. When you complete the memory, the bleeding effect lets Desmond use that new ability.

Just an idea which I though could work well.

Oh, I do like the sound of that. So he plays side missions as ancestors to build up credit, learns how to do it through them then can finally purchase it? Way to cool.

Only thing I'd tweak is too make them specific to an ancestor, since DNA points from one ancestor shouldn't transfer over to buying another's skills. Since they were different people afterall.

But then againi, it could be like having the points to adapt by playing them. That way, he can use the "DNA Points" to purchase them...awesome.