PDA

View Full Version : BOB - rearview mirrors

Abbuzze
09-01-2005, 02:17 AM
Will the kind of using rearview mirrors changed in BOB?

At the moment I think the possibility of simply deleting them in a dogfight when it reduce the view to the upper 12 is very unrealistic.

Of course disabling the mirror without deleting the body should be possible to save FPS in critical moments - no doubt!

But I think like real pilots, every player should decide either to gain some rearview but paying with some foreward view with it, or have a better view at the upper 12, but the need to turn the head.
I think adding the mirrorbody option to the graficsetting menue would be enough, (like detailed clouds). So if you notice on the way to the target that you will have not enough fps, you have the time to switch it off before fighting. This would still offer some kind of unrealistic advantage in the way just to use it at the way home when better foreward view is no that much needed, but still better than at the moment.

S.taibanzai
09-01-2005, 03:29 AM
Yep your right Abbuzze

WOLFMondo
09-01-2005, 05:42 AM
Agreed there although its not something i've ever thought about really. I always leave the mirrors on since theres no noticable FPS drop for me using them

IAFS_Painter
09-01-2005, 06:57 AM
Well, lacking steroscopic vision, and lateral and vertical head-movement, I feel happy switching mirrors on and off as the situation demands.

If I could solve those problems, I'll feel happier about the "realism" argument here.

Wolf-Strike
09-01-2005, 02:05 PM
What I would love to see for BOB is a button that brings mirror into view while depressed.For planes that had a mirror it would give us their advantage without the loss in fps that having a mirror always on brings.

With that said.....Oleg could also get someone who will do wonders in programing for it so that its a very slight FPS loss as seen in racing sims.

lbhskier37
09-01-2005, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by Wolf-Strike:
What I would love to see for BOB is a button that brings mirror into view while depressed.For planes that had a mirror it would give us their advantage without the loss in fps that having a mirror always on brings.

With that said.....Oleg could also get someone who will do wonders in programing for it so that its a very slight FPS loss as seen in racing sims.

If you have a good programable joystick you could program a button that gives 1 keypress when you press it, and one keypress when you release it, doing exactly what you just asked for. I know the Cougar can do it, I'm pretty sure Saiteks software and CH's software allows it too.

VT-51_Razor
09-01-2005, 02:56 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that Oleg stated that TIR3 with 6DoF will be fully implimented in BoB. So, for those of you who have that marvelous bit of kit, you'll be able to "look" around the bloody things! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Wolf-Strike
09-01-2005, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by lbhskier37:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wolf-Strike:

If you have a good programable joystick you could program a button that gives 1 keypress when you press it, and one keypress when you release it, doing exactly what you just asked for. I know the Cougar can do it, I'm pretty sure Saiteks software and CH's software allows it too. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lmao...forgive my stupidityhttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gifI have a button for look up when pressed and see the mirror perfectley.NM my previous post.