PDA

View Full Version : AC3 not gonna be an all Desmond, right?

ProletariatPleb
11-25-2011, 09:44 PM
Hi there, I've started seeing threads that are talking about Desmond combat, etc, etc...so I'm wondering, did I miss something? Did the devs talk about AC3 being all Desmond? Last I remember they said a new ancestor will be there in AC3 repeating the cycle anew.

Or is it because of the ending of Revelations?

Radman500
11-25-2011, 10:28 PM
i personally believe AC3 should be 100 percent Desmond... but if they were to do that, they would get alot of hate within the fanbase, cause of the whole "historical" aspect of the game being gone..

however, when it comes down to it, The Assassins Creed story, revolves around Desmond Miles, and its time for him to actually you know, save the world.

roostersrule2
11-25-2011, 11:12 PM
No, they have already announced that a new ancestor will be there, but there will probably be way more to do with Desmond as it's his last game I think and he has to try to save the world.

scout455
11-25-2011, 11:14 PM
I hope and think it will be all Desmond but my question is what will the weapon system be like cuz it's in the future so every one will b using automatic guns along with computerized weapons. They shud also have Desmond in a cool outfit like his ancestors.

ProletariatPleb
11-25-2011, 11:40 PM
Yeah, Desmond can get more screentime, no problem with that, but It's Assassin's Creed "History is our playground" I'd hate it if there were guns and stuff like that.

Ioder
11-26-2011, 07:36 AM
Based off the ending of AC:R it looks like it's going to be a lot of Desmond.

cless711
11-26-2011, 07:39 AM
I hope that its mostly, if not all, Desmond stuff. Theres no more reason for him to go back in there. They know where they have to go and Desmond knows what he has to do.

S-EVANS
11-26-2011, 07:45 AM
I agree with the majority of comments here, its time for desmond to make a full apperance in the game world. its time for him to disclose information and provide answers...

dxsxhxcx
11-26-2011, 07:55 AM
you should put an spoiler tag on the title of your thread since this kind of thread will probably lead people to create theories about what happened at the end of ACR (like I did below.. xD)... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

[SPOILERS - ACR ENDING]
<span class="ev_code_WHITE">well, since by the end of ACR they are in front of what seems to be the entrance of the temple, I don't think we'll see much action with Desmond (at least not the way some people want, he being an assassin with main assassinations like the ancestors), I need to watch the ending again to confirm this but it seems there's a door that Desmond needs to open to enter that vault, right?! So they'll probably use this as a excuse to go back to the animus to an ancestor who already did that or knows how to do, unless of course Desmond needs to find whoever will enter with him there (according to Juno' speech), then maybe we'll see that kind of action...</span>

kudos17
11-26-2011, 09:06 AM
One of the major points in an AC game is the historical setting, because it's cool to go back in time http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

I do hope we see much more of Desmond, but I doubt it will be to see him "save the world and rid everything of Templars!" because the Assassin's Creed series will persist after Desmond's story ends, leading one to believe the Templar-Assassin war will persist as well.

odovoro
11-26-2011, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by roostersrule2:
No, they have already announced that a new ancestor will be there

new ancestor!? i didn't even knew that
but now that i do... really ? really ?

LightRey
11-26-2011, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by odovoro:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by roostersrule2:
No, they have already announced that a new ancestor will be there

new ancestor!? i didn't even knew that
but now that i do... really ? really ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yes, really. Of course they did. AC without actually playing things that (could have) happened in the past is not AC. They're not just going to change that because they have Desmond in present day.

ProdiGurl
11-26-2011, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by Radman500:
i personally believe AC3 should be 100 percent Desmond... but if they were to do that, they would get alot of hate within the fanbase, cause of the whole "historical" aspect of the game being gone..

however, when it comes down to it, The Assassins Creed story, revolves around Desmond Miles, and its time for him to actually you know, save the world.

I do NOT want to hear this. I have no bond or connection w/ Desmond . . . I'm praying they select an all new Protagonist for us to explore.

I don't mind if he's in more of it as we trasition slowly to a new character, but ALL of it? I might have to wait on buying it if that happens. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Layytez
11-26-2011, 10:06 AM
Im assuming that Desmonds part in AC3 would be mostly puzzle and free running based whereas the new ancestor would be more of a guide incase just accessing the grand temple isn't enough.

eagleforlife1
11-26-2011, 11:05 AM
Assuming multiplayer comes back there will have to be an ancestor won't there? I really, really hope so anyway.

kriegerdesgottes
11-26-2011, 11:11 AM
I would never buy an all Desmond game. I'll go buy Splinter Cell or GTA for that but I do think that they need to consider how to make Desmond combat believable and fun because it is getting to the point in the series where we probably should see more of him and he should be able to do more but AC without the historical setting is not AC.

eagleforlife1
11-26-2011, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
I would never buy an all Desmond game. I'll go buy Splinter Cell or GTA for that but I do think that they need to consider how to make Desmond combat believable and fun because it is getting to the point in the series where we probably should see more of him and he should be able to do more but AC without the historical setting is not AC.

Exactly. The only reason I bought AC1 was because of the history. I would never have looked twice at it if it was all Desmond. And I would be very, very disappointed if AC3 has no ancestor.

RzaRecta357
11-26-2011, 01:40 PM
I don't see what would be so bad if they figured a way for knives to still play a role.

I mean, he could change the colors of his sweater and would be rocking a hoodie and modern clothing.

He'd probably be the best actual blending assassin since Altair standing in the middle of monks.

Like I said before he could get like some sort of shooting grapple gun to complement his hook blade. They already set up his motorcycle instead of horses.

I'd like for something like but with more animus play also.

We still need an ancestor and he still better get a scarred lip somehow.

But i'd like some modern day style stuff too even if its just in a small village or something.

Steww-
11-26-2011, 01:57 PM
I think the opening will be solving a few puzzles to enter the temple. There'll be some catching up between the group, and some awkward chat about Lucy.

Whether they introduce a new type of 'animus' inside, or go back to the van, Desmond will need to go back to see another ancestor. Personally, my bets are on an Assassin in Paris. Since they won't have time to fully flesh out this character, the story will have to be more similar to AC 1. This also gives Ubisoft a chance to round his stories up in games after Desmond saves the world. It may feel empty without the modern aspect, but they will think of something.

Multiplayer spoilers:
<span class="ev_code_WHITE">For the end I expect Desmond to face Daniel Cross and other Abstergo Agents. The final MP video reveals the Templars know where William Miles is. I also got the impression Abstergo are much more concerned with saving the world than previously thought. This could lead to some interesting twists.</span>

Lurker178
11-26-2011, 02:25 PM
I heard a rumor that only a part of AC3 will be set in Egypt. That could mean that Desmond will relive the life of someone else via the same seals Ezio used to relive key moments of Altair's life. So Ubisoft could still have enough time to wrap up Desmond's story as Yves Guillemot said before in an interview and still introduce a new ancestor.

LightRey
11-26-2011, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by Lurker178:
I heard a rumor that only a part of AC3 will be set in Egypt. That could mean that Desmond will relive the life of someone else via the same seals Ezio used to relive key moments of Altair's life. So Ubisoft could still have enough time to wrap up Desmond's story as Yves Guillemot said before in an interview and still introduce a new ancestor.
Such rumors are generally false.

notafanboy
11-26-2011, 02:53 PM
iŽll never buy a game with Desmond only, i wouldnŽt even be bothered to youtube the ending either

LightRey
11-26-2011, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by notafanboy:
iŽll never buy a game with Desmond only, i wouldnŽt even be bothered to youtube the ending either
Don't worry. As has been thoroughly explained there will be a new ancestor. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

NavySealsGuy
11-26-2011, 06:25 PM
The Egypt and Japan rumors have been around since before Ezio was announced. Personally I can't wait for the reveal of the new ancestor, probably sometime before E3. Ezio's announcement was awesome. The marketing campaign for AC2 was the best I remember. The hologram webcam thing was beast.