PDA

View Full Version : Standard campaigns vs. Dynamic campaigns--?

jamesdietz
03-08-2009, 11:09 AM
I've been playing this Sim for quite a while but I've never quite undestood the differences between Dynamic campaigns & ths standard ones available...I do know you install them a bit differently & apparently success by your side makes more of a difference...yes/ Beyond that I'm not sure. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

jamesdietz
03-08-2009, 11:09 AM
I've been playing this Sim for quite a while but I've never quite undestood the differences between Dynamic campaigns & ths standard ones available...I do know you install them a bit differently & apparently success by your side makes more of a difference...yes/ Beyond that I'm not sure. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

DKoor
03-08-2009, 02:38 PM
Dynamic campaigns are generated by dgen.exe file in corporation with DGen folder files. Also DGen campaigns are almost guaranteed to be different every time you play them.
In comparison, user made or stock static campaigns have linear mission stream... that means when you play it you will always follow exact same missions.
But in return static campaigns (missions) are, as a rule, almost always better than DGen. Simple, when you hand-made them, they will have custom briefing, custom goals to achieve etc. and in the end they end up better.

Zeus-cat
03-08-2009, 03:17 PM
DKoor is correct.

However, to expound a little, if you and your squadron do well in a dgen campaign than the front lines move forward. If you do poorly, you lose ground. If you don't do real well or really poorly then you will probably fly in hte same general area for many missions.

It is also possible for you to be wounded and sit out the war for months.

Missions for dgen campaigns are created by combinng briefings, targets, and waypoints from a database. Sometimes you get odd combinations.

I remember flying a dgen campaign for the SBD-3 dive bomber. I had a search and rescue mission for a pilot in a rubber raft using an SBD-3. My altitude was 11,500 feet. You couldn't possibly see the guy at that altitude. You got a mission success message for the mission when you flew over the proper waypoint (lame!).

Just to see what it took, I dropped down low and eventually spotted they guy when I was cruising at 500 feet.

On static campaigns you give up the flexibility of moving the front lines depending on how good or bad you do. But DKoor is correct in that most static campaigns are much more enjoyable because of the better briefings, maps, etc.