PDA

View Full Version : does anyone know if assassins creed 2 will be region free for the playstation 3 or xb

alexfeiluna
10-28-2009, 08:07 AM
does anyone know if assassins creed 2 will be region free for the playstation 3 or xbox 360!!!

caswallawn_2k7
10-28-2009, 08:13 AM
all games on PS3 are region free, a very small number of games on the 360 are region free. but any extra DVD's or activation codes for extra's (from live or PSN) will be locked to the region they came from.

Atmon
10-28-2009, 09:03 AM
True http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

So usually I would recommend waiting because the game will be released with just a couple of days of difference in most countries http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

KZarr
10-28-2009, 11:11 AM
3 Days is an eternity!

commandguy
10-28-2009, 03:57 PM
Well, I pre-ordered the NTSC version of the game, the site I got it from said it should be region free. If this appears to be false, I'd get a refund.

caswallawn_2k7
10-28-2009, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by commandguy:
Well, I pre-ordered the NTSC version of the game, the site I got it from said it should be region free. If this appears to be false, I'd get a refund. PS3 or Xbox? as the PS3 is always region free on games the 360 has the majority of it's games region coded.

alexfeiluna
10-28-2009, 04:24 PM
I have both the xbox 360 and the playstation 3 I have the limited edition at gamestop reserved but I also want the black edition from the uk it would be nice to know which one I should get here and which one I should get there it'd be cool to have one on each system.

commandguy
10-28-2009, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by caswallawn_2k7:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by commandguy:
Well, I pre-ordered the NTSC version of the game, the site I got it from said it should be region free. If this appears to be false, I'd get a refund. PS3 or Xbox? as the PS3 is always region free on games the 360 has the majority of it's games region coded. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Xbox360

Destromas
10-30-2009, 01:38 AM
best place to look is on the VG+ blog. they test NTSC U/C releases on their PAL console and update the blog.

something that's pretty annoying is that if you get NTSC DLC, it has to be for an NTSC XBL account...

Eckerr
10-30-2009, 01:59 AM
Originally posted by Destromas:
best place to look is on the VG+ blog. they test NTSC U/C releases on their PAL console and update the blog.

something that's pretty annoying is that if you get NTSC DLC, it has to be for an NTSC XBL account...
Creating a USA Xbox Live account isn't that hard http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Tcheky22
11-19-2009, 10:05 AM
Bringing this question up
Here I am siting in Europe with my American Xbox and dying to get AC2 as fast as possible, and PlayAsia is being a biatch right now.

caswallawn_2k7
11-19-2009, 10:10 AM
try renting it, most of the import sites are saying the American copy is region locked so I would assume the Euro one is the same.

Tcheky22
11-19-2009, 10:45 AM
Ay, but im in France and last I checked video game rental was illegal due to some wierd license stuff. Guess I'll just have to borrow it from a friend.