PDA

View Full Version : Al Mualim and Vidic

ILLusioNaire
05-28-2011, 11:22 AM
Is it just me, or do Al Mualim and Vidic sort of look alike?

Blind2Society
05-28-2011, 11:24 AM
There is a striking resemblance. Coincidence? A hidden meaning? Laziness on the part of the devs? I dunno.

ILLusioNaire
05-28-2011, 11:27 AM
I could theorize, but there is not enough to go on.

AMuppetMatt
05-28-2011, 11:30 AM
It might be that with the earlier next-gen console technology and with the older game engine they couldn't get a uniqueness with the faces that they orriginally intended.

Seeing them both on the newer engine would give me a bit more here say on the subject, however I've often wondered this and think Vidic may well be descended from him? It IS hard to tell, it may just be put in there as a hint in AC1 to point towards Al Mualim NOT being the fatherly Santa he was made out to be. (And by that I mean good guy, not someone you want to be hugging at your local shopping centre o_0 )

ThaWhistle
05-28-2011, 12:16 PM
i cant think of any reason why they'd have two main characters look like each other out of lack of space or engine constraints.

they probably did it for a reason, although whether or not they will ever bring it up again is another thing.

sfin1994
05-28-2011, 03:01 PM
its very possible that he is his ansester

RzaRecta357
05-28-2011, 03:08 PM
It might be the fact that he was old and had a beard.

Cmon now. Think about it. Really think about it. Their face is totally different.

phil.llllll
05-28-2011, 04:09 PM
There's a resemblance (some features and in dress) but not quite like the similarities Desmond shares with his ancestors (like for like).

I do have to wonder though if they were originally planning something different for the ending of the first. The events and certain things in the past so closely echo elements of the present. First there's Desmond (both his dress and appearance) who is a modern day reflection of his ancestor (right down to height and weight).

The events in the game also take place at a similar time for both Altair and Desmond (both are 25 and it ends in earlier Sept in both periods).

The relationship dynamic between Al Maulim and Altair is also present in the future between Desmond and Vidic. They're both using their subjects to get what they want and the overarching themes of their conversations are similar as well.

They've continued with the sequels, in a way, the present and past echoing one another but it was never as strong as in AC1.

Revelations sounds like it could be bringing that back front and center but we'll have to wait and see.

Originally posted by AMuppetMatt:
It might be that with the earlier next-gen console technology and with the older game engine they couldn't get a uniqueness with the faces that they orriginally intended.

No, in fact that's one of the things they originally intended for the game (uniqueness in characters). I think there's something like over a hundred unique NPCs.

wabashop2011
05-29-2011, 01:53 AM
^ Even when Vidic talks to Desmond when he's standing in front of the comp looks similar to how Al Mualim talks to Altair at Masyaf.

Even Rodrigo Borgia looks similar to Al Mualim & Vidic.

ShaneO7K
05-29-2011, 08:19 AM
We've hit a pattern here people!

All our main Templar enemies up till now have had beards!

OT: It may have been just to hint that Al Mualim was really your enemy, it is obvious that there are similarities between him and Vidic.

RzaRecta357
05-29-2011, 10:25 AM
Besides being old and having a beard? No, not really. Not even skin color.

I mean, isn't Al Mualim supposed to be arabic or something?

ShaneO7K
05-29-2011, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by RzaRecta357:

Most of the time during AC1 there are contrasts between the two, and at the end they share the exact ideas.

I'm not saying they are related, I'm just saying they are similar.

albertwesker22
05-29-2011, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by RzaRecta357:

There have always been tons of different races and ethnicities in the middle east. Even caucasians have lived there for thousands of years. Al Mualim was certainly not Arabic, and his skin colour and appearance seems more like Vidic's, than the mostly Asian Assassins at Mysaf.

PhiIs1618033
05-29-2011, 11:41 AM
Funny, just yesterday I was contemplating whether Al Mualim and Vidic had the same voice actor. They sound pretty alike, aside from accents.

bughole5
05-29-2011, 12:37 PM
Vidic is not related with Al Mualim, they are just two old men with white beard and hair. The DNA however is the same. You'll see what I mean.

sfin1994
05-29-2011, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by bughole5:
Vidic is not related with Al Mualim, they are just two old men with white beard and hair. The DNA however is the same. You'll see what I mean.

dude, you make no sence at all, AND you claim you know everything about the story etc but all you do is spew all kinds of sh*t our of your mouth. If your gonna say something, think. If you dont understand what that means, google it, cause you are just irritating me and alot of other people on this forum. No offence...

Fairus60
05-29-2011, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by bughole5:
You wont rest until you **** up the whole storyline or what!?

RzaRecta357
05-29-2011, 01:22 PM
Haha No kidding. He doesn't even truly know the story of the games yet he claims he knows the next one.

Guy needs some friends in real life or something.

ILLusioNaire
05-31-2011, 10:43 AM
Well, I didn't want this topic to turn into some kind of feud, but...

I would entertain the possibility that they are related. As I said, there is no real evidence that they are, but it is affirmed by a couple of you that they share similarites...such as their demeanor, their views on life, the way they walk, and even their faces.

Some of you may and have disagreed that they look alike, but I insist that they do. And them being from different parts of the world hardly dispels the possibility. Just take Desmond for instance. Anyway, it's my theory that Vidic will learn how to fight using the animus and the bleeding effect through his ancestor Al Mualim. This will make it so that he is actually a challenge to fight instead of just some old man with a white coat and a coffee mug. But conjecture here hardly goes the distance.