PDA

View Full Version : help. mouse is in game and esc dont work

IAMTALON
08-12-2006, 02:50 PM
ok my mouse for some reason is appearing in game. by mosue i mean the windows mouse i use to do whatever on my desktop instead of that little compass. when i fly its still there, when i start up the game its still there. i can move it around but it has limits on the computer screen so i cant really look around. also my esc button doesnt work anymore. i press esc and that screen doesnt show up asking me to end mission.

Gumtree
08-12-2006, 06:40 PM
Try opening your map and click inside the map area then hit escape that might work

Akronnick
08-12-2006, 09:48 PM
Try Alt-Tab-ing in and out of the the game,

Also, make sure no programs running in the background are trying to take over the screen.

IAMTALON
08-16-2006, 01:22 AM
i've restarted my computer and i think it has something to do with the game. its been happening for a while and its making me sick and tired of this game. btw i have 2 monitors

DaimonSyrius
08-16-2006, 06:07 AM
Check your conf.ini file in the main IL2-FB-PF folder, and look for the lines that I mark in bold, they should read this:

[HotKey gui]
Escape=activate

[rts]
;ProcessAffinityMask=1
mouseUse=2
joyUse=1

Chances are that your conf.ini is missing a few lines or it got corrupted, you can open it with Notepad (text editor) and edit it if needed. If that's not the case, I would try reinstalling IL2-FB-PF from scratch.

Cheers,
S.

MaxMhz
08-16-2006, 06:45 AM
First header is found under [HotKey game]

ProcessAffinity mask is supposed to be a bit-weighed value selecting the Hyperthread/processor to use; seems not to do anything.
1 = processor/thread 1, 2 = processor/thread 2, 3 = both threads/processors.

The culprit here probably is mouseUse. when set to 1 window's mouse will be used. when set to 2 IL-2's mouse will be used.

be aware conf.ini settings are case-sensitive...

isooAntti
08-21-2006, 08:30 AM
Ich am able to opfer you a prima vergeltungswaffe zu deal with your ordeal...

http://www.mikescandywrappers.com/comics/mouse_trap.jpg

Zis picture is taken in a secret Bavarian underground factory, during test runs..

triad773
08-21-2006, 08:36 AM
Also just a thought: don't use crummy 'free' add ons like Comet Cursors or other malware. It's known to have lots of 'free junk' that would be unwanted.

Justa thought.

slipBall
08-21-2006, 09:56 AM
I had this problem a few years back. It was related to open gl / direct x. Try switching to one or the other, and turn down your vid settings