PDA

View Full Version : great odds/extreme luck and indestructible assassins

blazefp
07-20-2011, 12:59 PM
Ok, I was trying to see what Ezio does to his assassins when one of them dies. They are already at the top rank so it's almost impossible to kill them with guards. They are actually stronger than Ezio because I called them to the top of the castell Saint Angelo and I threw one of the two that appears. He took almost 3 seconds to hit the ground but he didn't even lost a square.

So I sent one of them in the most difficult contract (49% odds of success) and nothing happened. I thought it was cool, maybe I was just lucky, and I sent him again. Mission successful again... Ok maybe they are really indestructible. Then I sent 4 or 5 guys in missions like these. They were all successful again... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif And it was the first time I thought "WTF how the hell can I kill them???" in an assassins creed game.

After this I tried to play the whole game again, for the 4th time (Yeah maaaaaaybe I have a addiction problem). First assassin I recruited, first mission of 2500 points of experience, 1% chances to make it. And he did it!!!!!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif
Now I was sure they were like super-man, indestructible in all ways xD

After this... revelation, I sent all my assassins in missions of 2500 points of experience. They were all killed --' even one that was making a 70% odds mission.
But one didn't let me down - the assassin that was at lvl 9, the one who survived to the 1% odds contract. He was doing a 36% odds mission and it was successful.

So can someone tell me what the heck happened?

LightRey
07-20-2011, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by blazefp:
Ok, I was trying to see what Ezio does to his assassins when one of them dies. They are already at the top rank so it's almost impossible to kill them with guards. They are actually stronger than Ezio because I called them to the top of the castell Saint Angelo and I threw one of the two that appears. He took almost 3 seconds to hit the ground but he didn't even lost a square.

So I sent one of them in the most difficult contract (49% odds of success) and nothing happened. I thought it was cool, maybe I was just lucky, and I sent him again. Mission successful again... Ok maybe they are really indestructible. Then I sent 4 or 5 guys in missions like these. They were all successful again... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif And it was the first time I thought "WTF how the hell can I kill them???" in an assassins creed game.

After this I tried to play the whole game again, for the 4th time (Yeah maaaaaaybe I have a addiction problem). First assassin I recruited, first mission of 2500 points of experience, 1% chances to make it. And he did it!!!!!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif
Now I was sure they were like super-man, indestructible in all ways xD

After this... revelation, I sent all my assassins in missions of 2500 points of experience. They were all killed --' even one that was making a 70% odds mission.
But one didn't let me down - the assassin that was at lvl 9, the one who survived to the 1% odds contract. He was doing a 36% odds mission and it was successful.

So can someone tell me what the heck happened?
I dunno. Some people win the lottery others actually break a leg while performing a play. It's just luck I guess.

blazefp
07-20-2011, 02:22 PM
hmm...50-50 6 or 7 times in a row? then 1% and 36%?
I never had much luck and I don't think now it's anywhere different.
I still have to do the 12th grade where I'll learn to calculate the odds for this to happen but I think that's over 1 in 1000. Innit?

Bobfish_Almight
07-20-2011, 02:37 PM
It's simple. Your recruits are just that good

LightRey
07-20-2011, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by Bobfish_Almight:
That doesn't make sense. Their chances are indicated by the percentages listed at the menu for choosing new missions for your recruits. this percentage is already dependent on how good they are.

MrJLBoyyy
07-20-2011, 08:52 PM
Seekers are the ultimate weakness on assassins. Try them. Send all but one assassin out, make your assassin kill the not seekers, and watch them die.

Stowdace
07-20-2011, 11:05 PM
Originally, there was meant to be a special scene with Ezio and his fallen Assassin. Like him closing his/her eyes as he says his prayer, perhaps? However, this was ultimately cut.

reini03
07-21-2011, 02:24 AM
Originally posted by Stowdace:
Originally, there was meant to be a special scene with Ezio and his fallen Assassin. Like him closing his/her eyes as he says his prayer, perhaps? However, this was ultimately cut.

Not exactly. You can close their eyes when they die in combat, but not when they fail to do a mission.

blazefp
07-21-2011, 05:50 AM
Yeah and that's soooo lame. He does that to his enemies and he'll do the same thing to the people who sometimes save his life? Ezio with no compassion uuuhhh he's starting to get Alta´r personality too http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

LightRey
07-21-2011, 08:45 AM
Yeah and that's soooo lame. He does that to his enemies and he'll do the same thing to the people who sometimes save his life? Ezio with no compassion uuuhhh he's starting to get Alta´r personality too http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif
dude. It's a sign of respect for the dead. He doesn't do that to the templars because he hates them, he does it because even they deserve to be respected in death. It's basically him saying: "We are all equal in death".

Bobfish_Almight
07-21-2011, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bobfish_Almight:
That doesn't make sense. Their chances are indicated by the percentages listed at the menu for choosing new missions for your recruits. this percentage is already dependent on how good they are. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The fact, several times, they have succeeded despite facing a 1% chance would suggest otherwise

CRUDFACE
07-21-2011, 08:51 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by blazefp:
dude. It's a sign of respect for the dead. He doesn't do that to the templars because he hates them, he does it because even they deserve to be respected in death. It's basically him saying: "We are all equal in death". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Where have you been at? Ezio's been closing the eyes of people he hates since forever. He did when he killed the Templar agents and for the antagonists of the story.

Lol, we are talking about Ezio closing the eyes of dead people, right?

Bobfish_Almight
07-21-2011, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by t260z:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by blazefp:
dude. It's a sign of respect for the dead. He doesn't do that to the templars because he hates them, he does it because even they deserve to be respected in death. It's basically him saying: "We are all equal in death". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Where have you been at? Ezio's been closing the eyes of people he hates since forever. He did when he killed the Templar agents and for the antagonists of the story.

Lol, we are talking about Ezio closing the eyes of dead people, right? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think you misread that. Reys isn't saying Ezio doesn't do that to Templars. Rather, aknowledging that he does even with the people he hates. Because, as said, we are all equal in death. Mario explains it to him after he takes the life of Francesca di Pazzi

LightRey
07-21-2011, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by t260z:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

Lol, we are talking about Ezio closing the eyes of dead people, right? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
People do that to the dead all the time. It's not Ezio's thing, it's a human thing.

blazefp
07-21-2011, 11:02 AM

I know and I understand that. What I was saying is that I think Ezio's assassins deserve something more than just "rest in piece". After all they may save his life eventually and they are like brothers since they all make part of the same brotherhood. Right?

LightRey
07-21-2011, 11:31 AM

I know and I understand that. What I was saying is that I think Ezio's assassins deserve something more than just "rest in piece". After all they may save his life eventually and they are like brothers since they all make part of the same brotherhood. Right? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well, I understand we're you're coming from, but there isn't much they could've added to that since they're not much part of the story. If they'd made him cry or something it'd just have seemed out of place.
I guess that's why they removed the whole thing anyways. There's too little to relate to.

Gyro458
07-21-2011, 12:03 PM
Well, during the, ahem... purge of male members I sent them all on suicide missions. One of them survived with 10% chance of victory. He went on to become my top recruit, 1 man among 11 women. And then when I was getting overwhelmed by guards I called in all my 6 rank 10s at the same time, and he died! wtf? The 5 assassinettes (?) survived.

If you want to know what happens....

Die on a mission: nothing
Die when called into a fight: you get to interact in the body and close the recruit's eyes.

LightRey
07-21-2011, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by Gyro458:
Well, during the, ahem... purge of male members I sent them all on suicide missions. One of them survived with 10% chance of victory. He went on to become my top recruit, 1 man among 11 women. And then when I was getting overwhelmed by guards I called in all my 6 rank 10s at the same time, and he died! wtf? The 5 assassinettes (?) survived.

If you want to know what happens....

Die on a mission: nothing
Die when called into a fight: you get to interact in the body and close the recruit's eyes.
wait. they did implement it? now I'm confuzzled...

blazefp
07-21-2011, 12:39 PM

I know and I understand that. What I was saying is that I think Ezio's assassins deserve something more than just "rest in piece". After all they may save his life eventually and they are like brothers since they all make part of the same brotherhood. Right? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well, I understand we're you're coming from, but there isn't much they could've added to that since they're not much part of the story. If they'd made him cry or something it'd just have seemed out of place.
I guess that's why they removed the whole thing anyways. There's too little to relate to. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A burial would be nice I think. Not just leaving the body there with the other dead guards

Originally posted by Light_Rey:
wait. they did implement it? now I'm confuzzled...

Ezio only close the recruit's eyes and say "rest in peace" I think