PDA

View Full Version : Too much xp

Arkhaine
12-16-2009, 12:06 PM
Is it just me or do they "level" you up way too fast in this game. I have been only playing for about 3 hours and I am already 3/4 of the way to the best pack that you can get And I have only gone to Needle Hills and Feba. I got so fed up with them just throwing the best of the best at you so fast that I am using all the Mark I weapons, Original armor, and I would use all the level I skills as well, but they won't let me. Is there any type of hard mode that can be activated? Or a way to slow down the XP gained? All the missions are so easy and they give 5000+ XP.

Arkhaine
12-16-2009, 05:47 PM
bump

CheezeThief
12-18-2009, 02:01 AM
Xp is awarded as you progress through the game and is more or less akin to finding a new weapon in FPS games. From that point on your character magically starts finding ammo and weapons that prior never existed, etc and so forth.

It doesn't take too long into the game before the Xp awards just start becoming aesthetic, so don't view them as your characters power growing but rather rewards for doing all those quests.

I would have loved a more indepth leveling system, say every level it gave you a point that you could use to upgrade old guns or buy new ones, I'd love a reason to use the Terra 1 rifle or the Hydra armour latter into the game. But oh well.

Arkhaine
12-18-2009, 03:50 PM
Well honestly the missions are so easy that they shouldn't be giving you that much I think. I am only 3 Locations into the game and have only 6 upgrades left...