PDA

View Full Version : Should AC3 have guns?

logan27smith
12-04-2010, 07:12 PM
I think you could advance the weapons some but if you go too far in advancing weapons the game will lose its unique qualities that make the assassins creed series great.

irishferrydog
12-04-2010, 09:45 PM
I'm guessing that the guns guards use in the game were called the arquebus... check it out on wikipedia!
as for pistols (there are some pistols in the game, correct?) and Ezio's hidden blade gun, I have no clue

Ezio513
12-04-2010, 09:59 PM
What if there was a piece of eden that was a gun? (lol prolly not!)

Razrback16
12-04-2010, 10:00 PM
I sure hope we don't see automatic weapons, etc. in future games. This doesn't need to be a FPS.

Wile E Coyoteee
12-04-2010, 10:11 PM
I hope they don't add anything more than the hidden gun that's already in now. Or, if they really MUST do something in that direction, which I wish again they wouldn't, but if they do!.. Drop the hidden gun's bullets to 3, and add a musket that fires much longer range but also takes much longer to reload and a little longer to aim/lock on, during which time you can be seen easier. The loud sound of it will immediately full-scale alert any guards anywhere on the mini-map. Not just looking for you, but full out already know where you are and start actively chasing you, with a "catch up" mechanism that transports guards that're out of sight closer, so that you can't just shrug it off. and hop a couple rooftops over and call it good.

Idk. I don't totally disagree with the hidden gun in this one simply because well, a crossbow is essentially a gun, and the actual gun is louder and attracts more attention, but.. I wish they'd have only given you 3 shots with it. That way if you wanna run around using it all the time, you're gonna have to loot every body and hope to find enough shots to keep going on your shooting spree. At the same time though, 3 is a good enough number for you to be able to use it in a large skirmish for style and a little leg-up IMO!

LaCava1
12-04-2010, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by irishferrydog:
I'm guessing that the guns guards use in the game were called the arquebus... check it out on wikipedia!
as for pistols (there are some pistols in the game, correct?) and Ezio's hidden blade gun, I have no clue
You completely missed the point of the question. He meant when they make Assassin's Creed 3.

LordWolv
12-04-2010, 10:35 PM
I think the amount of guns in ACB were a good amount. If they put automatics in AC3, however, it'll completely ruin the point of the game. For AC3 I expect they'll move on from the early 15th century, but that could only mean more guns. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

X10J
12-04-2010, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by Ezio513:
What if there was a piece of eden that was a gun? (lol prolly not!)

there is the Sword of Eden. hmmm.

OT:
In short: No.

In long: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Jellyfloater
12-04-2010, 11:23 PM
If they're going to have segments of ACIII in the present (well, future...) they'll have to include guns. Hopefully they'll manage to implement them in a way that keeps the core gameplay of the AC series.

E-Zekiel
12-04-2010, 11:40 PM
Deflect bullets with hidden blades.

Sounds badass to me.

X10J
12-04-2010, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by E-Zekiel:
Deflect bullets with hidden blades.

Sounds badass to me.

Please tell me you're joking.

KniloX
12-05-2010, 04:15 AM
I reckon you'll use silenced pistols and the like, and probs so will the enemies (maybe not silenced) http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

dmtuga28
12-05-2010, 05:59 AM
Well maybe. But the ones like the guards use in ACB or pistols with powder, not the modern ones.

k0br4
12-05-2010, 07:08 AM
Ubi need to be very careful with this one, one of the most damaging aspects of the game if it's not done properly..

The trouble is that they need to keep things as accurate as possible for the time period, but at the same time, what makes AC unique, is the up close and personal combat..

For me, it's a definate NO to anything bigger than a "hidden pistol"..

ses898
12-05-2010, 07:15 AM
I really don't mind the Templars having automatic weapons but do NOT give Desmond one. Or the new assassin in AC3 a gun unless it's like Ezio's. I don't want to shoot Templars with a damn ak-47 but they can shoot at me all they want with em' b/c I will get em' with my hidden blade/gun/poison/badass glare. lol.

KniloX
12-06-2010, 03:02 AM
Yeah, I do reckon they'll replace the crossbow with a silenced pistol. It would work the exact same way.

GaldrithCB
12-06-2010, 03:28 AM
Originally posted by Knilo:
Yeah, I do reckon they'll replace the crossbow with a silenced pistol. It would work the exact same way.

In my opinion that will destroy the look and feel of the game and turn it into just another FPS

KniloX
12-06-2010, 05:26 AM
Originally posted by nausus:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Knilo:

In my opinion that will destroy the look and feel of the game and turn it into just another FPS </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How? Does the Crossbow make you feel that way? no? so just picture how you shoot the crossbow, but instead of holding a crossbow you'd be holding a pistol

logan27smith
12-06-2010, 03:12 PM
How? Does the Crossbow make you feel that way? no? so just picture how you shoot the crossbow, but instead of holding a crossbow you'd be holding a pistol

It would turn it into another call of duty instead of the hand to hand combat that makes assassins creed significant.

irishferrydog
12-06-2010, 05:00 PM
I really dislike guns. They're so cheap. BAM! you're dead.
I don't really like the hidden pistol. Nope. Ok, maybe for use at very close range, but it wouldn't be effective otherwise (based on the time period of course). I could live with the crossbow though, but it probably needed some more reloading time.
Who says AC3 will be going forwards?? Maybe Desmond will see the memories of an older ancestor, before Alta´r... then the gun problem will be gone! ta da!

DemonLordSparda
12-06-2010, 07:25 PM
So using a silenced pistol instead of a crossbow will magically turn the third person Assassin's Creed into a first person shooter. You logic escapes me.

kylesibert
12-06-2010, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by logan27smith:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">How? Does the Crossbow make you feel that way? no? so just picture how you shoot the crossbow, but instead of holding a crossbow you'd be holding a pistol

It would turn it into another call of duty instead of the hand to hand combat that makes assassins creed significant. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Also, it would further the beautifully constructed plot and flow of the story in a believable and logical sense.

KniloX
12-06-2010, 11:57 PM
It could also work abit like GTA thats a third person shooter and it works really well but with abit less guns... and no flamethrowers

RzaRecta357
12-07-2010, 01:38 AM
Guns would mean more stealth which people want they'd probably work in some up close the guards hostler the weapons so you gotta get in close for the fights or something.

Think about the engine. The gun guards and crossbow guns either stay back or get in the fight with a sword so they could work it the same some how.

Maybe the templars will enslave the world by the time desmond is running around and there are no need for guns.

Hell, depending on the area it could be cool. Has anyone read The Fall? Paint the crossbow into a rifle and turn the scene russian and you got our game. He still rides a horse and uses a hidden blade and dagger in 1888.

logan27smith
12-07-2010, 04:47 AM
The only gun that I can think of besides a silenced gun that would go with an assassin would be a sniper which could be fun.

KniloX
12-07-2010, 04:57 AM
Originally posted by logan27smith:
The only gun that I can think of besides a silenced gun that would go with an assassin would be a sniper which could be fun.

I think that could make every thing a bit easy... get up high ages away from target, then snipe.

ShadowRage41
12-07-2010, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by Razrback16:
I sure hope we don't see automatic weapons, etc. in future games. This doesn't need to be a FPS.
I agree... though at some point with Desmond's story we will see them, at that point you will have something similar to Batman Arkham Asylum. which was in no way a FPS. That is my best guess anyway. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

MrLaneFox
12-07-2010, 08:24 AM
sure, bazookas, grenades, all that crap in modern day, whatever they can get their hands on the lay the smackdown.. get crazy with it and mix it up as long as it isnt abused.

ZCherub
12-07-2010, 01:48 PM
If the game takes place in the modern-day, baddies w/ automatic weapons would be good - seems like it would force some stealth on the part of the player.

Originally posted by Isaac500:
I think the amount of guns in ACB were a good amount. If they put automatics in AC3, however, it'll completely ruin the point of the game. For AC3 I expect they'll move on from the early 15th century, but that could only mean more guns. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

ACII & ACB take place in the late 15th & early 16th centuries - not to confused w/ the late 1500's (there was no '0 century', so in the year 1 AD, the first century began, making the 1500's the 16th century).

deutscherju2009
12-07-2010, 02:32 PM
Only single shot muskets. Or make the hidden gun more realistic like there is no way you could fit 6 shots and some mechanism where it reloads a shot with enough gunpowder etc. in real life. I like single shot muskets. With little range, since those guns were incredibly inaccurate back then, with round bullets and all. I think they should make it mroe real too, like make it a 1 or 2 shot kill (for you) but make sure the AI needs plenty of time to aim at you.

Smythy01
12-11-2010, 05:11 AM
Originally posted by irishferrydog:
I really dislike guns. They're so cheap. BAM! you're dead.

Your asassins are calle BAM so that makes me lol

Ru1986
12-11-2010, 05:21 AM
Defo do not add guns to AC games would ruin it completely i think. ACB was far enough on the guns aspect of the game. Crossbow was good enough.

DarkicoN14
12-11-2010, 05:39 AM
Originally posted by ZCherub:
If the game takes place in the modern-day, baddies w/ automatic weapons would be good - seems like it would force some stealth on the part of the player.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Isaac500:

ACII & ACB take place in the late 15th & early 16th centuries - not to confused w/ the late 1500's (there was no '0 century', so in the year 1 AD, the first century began, making the 1500's the 16th century). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It was late 1400s and early 1500s

Ru1986
12-11-2010, 05:48 AM
Originally posted by DarkicoN14:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ZCherub:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Isaac500:

ACII & ACB take place in the late 15th & early 16th centuries - not to confused w/ the late 1500's (there was no '0 century', so in the year 1 AD, the first century began, making the 1500's the 16th century). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It was late 1400s and early 1500s </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats exactally what he has just said.

Are we all that bad at history on here that we dont know this. This is very early grade stuff. I will give you a GCSE history level C grade question i did years ago before i moved on to degree standard, "If it was the year 1401 what century would it be?" Answer = the 15th Century. Antoher one just so we are clear. "If it was the year 1501 what century would it be" Answer the 16th Century.

Before we have historical debates on here lets get the basics right first we really should not be confused about how the dating system works or we will sound silly.

StrokeMyBeagle
12-11-2010, 06:03 AM
ITT: People don't know what an FPS is.

F4H bandicoot
12-11-2010, 06:18 AM
if you put a gun in place of the crossbow, whats the problem, a simple silenced pistol?

Ru1986
12-11-2010, 06:20 AM
Originally posted by bandicoot17:
if you put a gun in place of the crossbow, whats the problem, a simple silenced pistol?

Why would you do that? You would just be following suit to every other dull game i played up until AC1 was released. The point of each AC game is they are different to anything thats been done before.

F4H bandicoot
12-11-2010, 06:30 AM
Originally posted by Ru1986:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bandicoot17:

Why would you do that? You would just be following suit to every other dull game i played up until AC1 was released. The point of each AC game is they are different to anything thats been done before. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As i've said before in other threads, right now, guns exist, AC is based on the real life universe with its historic settings ect, and they have slightly altered history, so without ubi stopping the invention of the gun, the gun exists,
in ACB, we have the crossbow, its a one hit kill, its quiet, doesnt take long to reload, its the equivalent of the gun, a simple silenced pistol with 1 or 2 clips isnt goin to kill gameplay.

itsamea-mario
12-11-2010, 07:27 AM
*cough* crossbow *cough*

assassin087
12-11-2010, 12:43 PM
First of all a gun would not have crazy counters like the crosbow.(or maybe it could) It just doesnt feel the same.

F4H bandicoot
12-11-2010, 01:49 PM
But it is the same in principle, a device which fores a projectile which is a one hit kill, crossbow/gun, it would just require a slight change of animation for holding it, and yes, it could have counters, use the but to knock em out.

glenneey
12-11-2010, 01:52 PM
I think its fine if the next game will feature guns,i mean we already got the crossbow & hidden gun, but only if they are not automatic and they have to be easy detectable,

glenneey
12-11-2010, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by assassin087:
First of all a gun would not have crazy counters like the crosbow.(or maybe it could) It just doesnt feel the same.
there are these guns with big knifes on them( bayonets or something? my friend talks about them alot >.<(CoD WaW junk))
would make awesome counters if you ask me.

assassin087
12-11-2010, 04:57 PM
We could have a hidden machine gun.

gutarjunky
12-11-2010, 06:36 PM
it just really depends on how you use it look at the crossbow or the hidden gun if you make it into a MW then it sucks would start to get vary stupid i do think they should have guns during desmond's sequences like a sniper rifle for his first assassination http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

RangerRico
12-11-2010, 10:56 PM
Slightly off topic but wouldn't it be cool to throw smoke grenades. Tap action button, tradition smoke goes off. Hold it down, and some aiming thing similar to the bomber's shows you where your going to throw it.

And no a silenced pistol would not ruin the modern assassins creed. It would probably hold less ammo in a clip than Ezio's invisible quiver, so that could even make it more challenging.

KniloX
12-12-2010, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by gutarjunky:
it just really depends on how you use it look at the crossbow or the hidden gun if you make it into a MW then it sucks would start to get vary stupid i do think they should have guns during desmond's sequences like a sniper rifle for his first assassination http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

You say you want the game to stay basically the same? Part of AC is getting up close and personal. Switching a crossbow to a silenced pistol makes much more sense than changing the game from the whole fighting to sniping... if you get what I mean.

MrJLBoyyy
12-12-2010, 02:38 AM
What about a (somehow) silenced hidden gun? Maybe its just me that thinks it would be cool if Desmond used mainly his hidden straps to... hide stuff...

itsamea-mario
12-12-2010, 05:44 AM
he doesn't seem to have much room on his blade.
also maybe they could implement sniper rifles, but only in he same way cannons where in AC:B.

Mr_Stunner
12-12-2010, 07:28 AM
Wouldn't har the game much tbh, they would input a system similar to crossbow or hidden gun

Skinman1
12-12-2010, 07:54 AM
I'm sorry if I'm going OT here but I saw the AC3 reference and I thought this is as good a place as any. This is just completely coming out of nowhere so I apologize in advance if it's bothering people. I just thought I should say this.

About AC3: I was thinking that if they wanted to end Ezio's storyline they could have AC3 start out with Desmond in the animus as Ezio being the head of the Assassins. Something massive happens between Assassin and Templar and before too long you see Ezio fighting someone/something stronger than him and he falls. Then Desmond comes out of the animus. That way the writers can continue with the story from the end of brotherhood. Maybe not exactly what I said, but something along those lines.

It's just a thought.

TheRighteousOne
12-12-2010, 02:30 PM
I'd like to see guns for the guards and enemies, but I don't want to see them on assassins. I miss the old "blade in the crowd" feel. With combo streaks and hidden gun and all the cool little items and allies, I felt like there was absolutely 0 need for stealth. You could do it for to set the atmosphere of the game or the aesthetic value but it didn't save you any time or difficulty. If enemies had high damage guns and a happy trigger finger, we could actually see more sneakiness come into play in order to avoid receiving a few holes through the gut. As the game was now you could just run up and kill anyone and then easily dispatch the rest of the guards. Guns would punish you for being anything less than a true assassin.

Grandmaster_Z
12-13-2010, 07:02 AM
if it was based in the present, then not having guns would be stupid.

logan27smith
12-13-2010, 09:19 AM
if it was based in the present, then not having guns would be stupid.

It wouldnt be that stupid after all it would keep the close up action that we know and love

PhiIs1618033
12-13-2010, 10:11 AM
To anyone who's replied negatively to the 'gun instead of crossbow'-suggestion:
Would you really mind if it took so long to aim and reload as it did? It'd hardly turn into an FPS, because the moment you're reloading, you're getting attacked and slain.

D-Volpe
12-13-2010, 10:23 AM
To an extent AC3 will have to have guns, although the problem comes down to whether the developers can make it work without losing AC's essence and style of gameplay. Its kinda because if they threw in modern guns, AC3 will become a First player shooter, or a carbon copy of Splinter Cell, which isn't a good idea. The best idea would be to kinda keep guns low tech where reloading still takes a bit like the Arquebuses from ACB, but include bayonets on some guns/enemies, and gangs armed with the assortment of knives and daggers so that counters will still be used in AC3

assassin087
12-13-2010, 05:21 PM
It depends what kind of gun and how it functions. A pistol that we must reload every shot. Ok with me but not an automatic ak 47

Canabary
12-13-2010, 05:46 PM
Guns are messy, hard to hide and are almost impossible to get anywhere with. If we do see AC3 in a time with lots of guns, IE the present (2012), they will probably have Desmond stick with the more conventional weapons, such as the hidden blade.

An AC3 in our time would be radically different than anything AC1, AC2 and AC:B have presented, as for one it wouldn't have any of the Animus features and "The Truth", "Synchronization", "Memory replay" etc wouldn't be present.

StrokeMyBeagle
12-13-2010, 05:58 PM
Considering that in AC1, Vidic shows you assassin gunfire over the intercom, I think it's safe to assume that guns will be involved. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

KniloX
12-14-2010, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by Canabary:
Guns are messy, hard to hide and are almost impossible to get anywhere with. If we do see AC3 in a time with lots of guns, IE the present (2012), they will probably have Desmond stick with the more conventional weapons, such as the hidden blade.

An AC3 in our time would be radically different than anything AC1, AC2 and AC:B have presented, as for one it wouldn't have any of the Animus features and "The Truth", "Synchronization", "Memory replay" etc wouldn't be present.

You really think it was inconspicuous to walk around with a crossbow on your back?

itsamea-mario
12-14-2010, 02:26 AM
a pistol is relitevily easy to hide, plus they don't have brilliant range, and believe it or not they don't nessecarily kill with one hit.

and NO this franchise will NEVER turn into an FPS, just cause a game has guns doesn't make it a FPS.
FPS means first person shooter,
first person means directly from the prospective of the character, which is game is not nor will ever be. lots of games have guns and maintain good combat plus impressive platforming and even stealth.
its not like we're going to have desmond travelling to afgahnistan, with an AK47.
also he'll only be realistically able to carry only a few clips around, also if it is only a light pistol, its likely guards will have armour, so less likely to have you sitting there picking them of from the distance, and more likely to have getting up close and putting a blade in there throats, before they see you and shoot you.

and if you do get in to close quarters, guards may holster their guns and use their battons, or knives. keeping the classic melee techniques whilst adding new features, abilities and dynamic.

assassin087
12-14-2010, 05:07 PM
No. I just dont think that guns belong in ac. I cant explain it but i dont want guns becoming more important and crucial in missions.

Xeno_27
12-14-2010, 05:26 PM
I was messing with the idea of Assassins Creed taking place in WW2 and I figured guns were needed, so I came up with the idea of One hidden blade, and one hidden blade with the blade replaced by a small retractable pistol, like the one in Sherlock Holmes or Taxi.